Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Gringo557

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by Gringo557 »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:40 pm
beatlbay wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:01 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:54 am And nothing from Ringo…yet again…what’s up with that??
:lol: LMAO...I'm sure the "Ringo The 4th" box will drop by Christmas...
I was actually referring to no Ringo introductions on these super deluxe boxes…granted it’ll be some generic message of how they “loved each other” and “found the beat” but he seems to not want to be very involved with these things. And yes, I’ll take a Ringo the 4th box as long as it features the complete Drowning in the Sea of Love outtakes!
One of the few good songs on that album! :)
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Some tracks sound great - some dont.
For no one - great. I love it.
Got to get... with the fuzz - great.

She said - ruined in the mix. Guitar in parts inaudible and the great crashing cymbal is gone.

HTE - great harmonies but I still hate the fact to hear Pauls Micky Mouse voice.

Rain fast sounds odd - did they really played that fast and does a snare sound this high? Or was it recorded on vario speed from the start and Giles just used the wrong playback speed?

Still hate that they changed Johns eye colour but the other cuts look "remastered" too. Great print.

I miss the US mixe from Y&T.

Outtakes overall great and as usual I dont need new mixe just give us the outtakes.
snrub

Post by snrub »

georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:28 pm Some tracks sound great - some dont.

Rain fast sounds odd - did they really played that fast and does a snare sound this high? Or was it recorded on vario speed from the start and Giles just used the wrong playback speed?
I completely agree, Rain still has an unnatural tone and feels a semitone too high. Speaking of unnatural, I also don't understand why they gave us a clearly sped-up version of Yellow Sub take 4. It ruins it a little for me and Ringo is not a chipmunk last I checked...
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 pm There's a terrible glitch at 1.58 on the right side of Good Day Sunshine. :(
Yeah it is nasty that. It is on the original too but is masked by the hi hat.
RLester wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:13 pm This is terrific news, LR - thanks again for these EPs and the anticipation of more Abracadabra, which will, of course, include Paul's BASS.
I think it's because the backing was recorded at that speed, but was slowed down when Ringo overdubbed his vocal. Really this track should have been presented either at the slow speed or WITHOUT the lead vocal.
snrub

Post by snrub »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:25 pm I think it's because the backing was recorded at that speed, but was slowed down when Ringo overdubbed his vocal. Really this track should have been presented either at the slow speed or WITHOUT the lead vocal.
YES! To me, it's a mistake/poor judgement that should have been caught and hopefully will be one of the first priorities for talented remixers/demixers everywhere. ;)
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 pm There's a terrible glitch at 1.58 on the right side of Good Day Sunshine. :(
Interesting, I went and compared various versions (vinyl, USB, cassette, iTunes). In all of those the sound is more full in that section.

In the 2022 version, the cymbal splash seems faded too early. The hi-hat still seems to be there, coming in when it should, but now there's extra air before it.

You do release these SDE releases are merely raw material for our remixers and remasterers to draw from, right? ;-) I see snrub said the same thing before me.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

At the risk of sounding negative (I'm not, I actually really like the set overall) another thing that bothersed me is including the click track in take 5 of GTGYIML.

The click track is something put to tape to keep the musicians in time during overdubs. It's only ever meant to be heard by them in their cans. But here we have the click track (in the form of George Martin tapping a microphone head to the beat) mixed loud and near centre in the mix. It is horribly annoying and should have been left out like it was on Anthology, or at the very least reduced in volume and panned to the side.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MrP

Post by MrP »

I must say that the set is very nice
it has substance in both music and packaging

it is sad that when i was unwrapping it i again thought about what a complete and utter rip off ATMP box was/is
at least with The Beatles deluxe boxes you feel you got something

Like most all of us i had heard it before it arrived this afternoon so the only new aspect was holding it my hands and checking out packaging
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

Did they not hear the bad edit/extra split second/pause at 1:52 of the new remix of "Dr Robert". It's right between the words "Dr" & "Robert" ....that little extra has never been there. those words were always tight together. We've been listening to this stuff for 50 years and we know it inside out and backwards. Did they think this was OK?
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Anybody hearing dirt and thumps at the tail end of the mono mixes?

Example: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZiQ-0-cCF8o-T-NdZwK4iGFW0sfv0rnh/view?usp=share_link

The intros are a little dirty too.