Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Tex

Re: Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Post by Tex »

Maybe if the frequency was one way during recording and then the opposite way during mixing that would increase the difference.

Maybe they had wonky sized capstans.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:05 am Maybe if the frequency was one way during recording and then the opposite way during mixing that would increase the difference.

Maybe they had wonky sized capstans.
Not sure, but I think heat can also have something to do with it. If the motor is hot or cold can affect the speed slightly.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's a bit sad that Revolver leaked isn't it? Kind of like the kids all opening their Christmas presents a week early. I suspect a lot of the people who will be getting their sets over the next few days will be feeling rather flat, already having heard them and read the book a week ago.

Also kind of screws up the Hoffman thread too. Under normal circumstances Friday would have been a day of great excitement. Now it's just gonna be, "Oh I got my set. Did you? The corners are damaged on mine."
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:39 am It's a bit sad that Revolver leaked isn't it? Kind of like the kids all opening their Christmas presents a week early. I suspect a lot of the people who will be getting their sets over the next few days will be feeling rather flat, already having heard them and read the book a week ago.

Also kind of screws up the Hoffman thread too. Under normal circumstances Friday would have been a day of great excitement. Now it's just gonna be, "Oh I got my set. Did you? The corners are damaged on mine."
Maybe it is. Doesn't mean I could resist listening to the leaks ;)
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:39 am It's a bit sad that Revolver leaked isn't it? Kind of like the kids all opening their Christmas presents a week early. I suspect a lot of the people who will be getting their sets over the next few days will be feeling rather flat, already having heard them and read the book a week ago.

Don´t think so, at least not for me. :D I got my excitement day on last week when the Revolver SDE was leaked and I was given a link to download a FLAC version of the set, besides a few tracks that I was permitted to listen to before this day. There´s been days of pleasure listening, demixing, mixing, analizing and listening to the set over and over since last week. Even waiting for the day to share a few Mixes that I´ve done using the SDE. As for the Box set, as usual I´m not buying the set with these expensive prices till I found a low price price as soon as the fever for the Revolver SDE has gone. I can sleep well even knowing I don´t have the SDE set on the shelf. :lol:

Meanwhile let´s keep Revolving the stuff and have fun with it. Beatles 4ever!!! :geek:
skynet

Post by skynet »

i agree with you, is even more discouraging that people is selling these leaked files in places like ebay in such prices as 5 USD or others similar, i personally avoided the leak, even although I've been offered a copy i rejected it, i said so before i am not purchasing it and if i ever do it will be after price drop, not even the outtakes are appealing for me without the BD... but that is just me
Carose

Post by Carose »

The whole insanity is the absolute outrageous pricing for the super deluxe package , I was thinking about its contents and then I thought , why didn't the powers that be include an LP of Yesterday...and Today with the original butcher cover that would have been the highlight for the songs "I'm Only Sleeping , Doctor Robert, And Your Bird Can Sing" instead of the 45 E.P., in my opinion, that would have been an insatiable draw to the first generation fans like myself and made the pricing a bit easier to swallow , waiting until the price drops is the economical thing to do , I did it for the Let It Be Super Deluxe LP set and got it for $99.99 , and I'll do it for this package as well , well that's my two cents , have a great day everyone !! :D
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I did purchase the Deluxe set but didn't know it was online already until I read this post.
Last edited by Gringo557 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Been there done that, bring on Rubber Soul!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Last edited by Tex on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.