Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
brainwashed

Re: Revolver 2022... on or off?

Post by brainwashed »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:08 pm
Fast lucky wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:08 pm Found this on Steve Hoffman forum ...
The poster doesn't know where the list originates from - al least I mention my source - but adds that the list is too precise to be a complete fake. Take it with a grain of salt, but..

CD1: 2022 Stereo Mix by Giles Martin & Sam Okell
01. Taxman
02. Eleanor Rigby
03. I'm Only Sleeping
04. Love You To
05. Here, There And Everywhere
06. Yellow Submarine
07. She Said She Said
08. Good Day Sunshine
09. And Your Bird Can Sing
10. For No One
11. Doctor Robert
12. I Want To Tell You
13. Got To Get You Into My Life
14. Tomorrow Never Knows

CD2: Sessions
01. Tomorrow Never Knows (Take 1)
02. Tomorrow Never Knows (Mono Mix RM 11)
03. Got To Get You Into My Life (First Version/ Take 5)
04. Got To Get You Into My Life (2nd Version/ Unnumbered Mix)
05. Got To Get You Into My Life (2nd Version)
06. Love You To (Take 1)
07. Love You To (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
08. Love You To (Take 7)
09. Paperback Writer (Takes 1 & 2/Backing Track)
10. Rain (Take 5)
11. Rain (Take 5/Slowed Down)
12. Doctor Robert (Take 7)
13. And Your Bird Can Sing (First Version/Take 2)
14. And Your Bird Can Sing (First Version/ Take 2/ Giggling)

CD3: Sessions
01. And Your Bird Can Sing (2nd Version/Take 5)
02. Taxman (Take 11)
03. I'm Only Sleeping (Rehearsal Fragment)
04. I'm Only Sleeping (Take 2)
05. I'm Only Sleeping (Take 5)
06. I'm Only Sleeping (Mono Mix RM11)
07. Eleanor Rigby (Speech Before Take 2)
08. Eleanor Rigby (Take 2)
09. For No One (Take 10/Backing Track)
10. Yellow Submarine (Songwriting Work Tape/ Part 1)
11. Yellow Submarine (Songwriting Work Tape/ Part 1)
12. Yellow Submarine (Take 4 Before Sound Effects)
13. Yellow Submarine (Highlighted Sound Effects)
14. I Want To Tell You (Speech & Take 4)
15. Here, There And Everywhere (Take 6)
16. She Said She Said (John's Demo)
17. She Said She Said (Take 1/Backing Track)

CD4: 2022 Mono Transfer of original tape

CD5: Bonus EP
01. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo)
02. Rain (2022 Stereo)
03. Paperback Writer (Mono)
04. Rain (Mono)
Well, I was asked to keep that under my hat but I can confirm -- this is the official track listing. Note that there are no outtakes of Good Day Sunshine for some odd reason. Also there's no mention of a Blu-Ray disc included, but that may just be an oversight.
As I mentioned on Hoffman, the omission of Good Day Sunshine from the Sessions discs is bizarre. Apparently this was mentioned a few weeks ago, but it makes no sense to not include the original session without George Martin's piano overdub, Ringo's extra drum track and additional harmonies. The only possible reason is a missing or damaged tape reel. I'm pretty sure acetates were pressed too. Ron
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

Nothing ever damaged with those session reels.

Tracklist is correct and official.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

That list of sessions is all items previously bootlegged or reconstructed - I noticed the previous 4 boxes tried to keep out massive amounts of previously bootlegged stuff to be fresh and more attractive. I think we'll just have to see when the official list comes out.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

An intriguing tracklist. I have no reason to doubt the content.

However, at this mid-late stage of planning, where a Christmas release may be imminent, I'd hold out a small amount of hope that there might be some slight modifications between now and next month, when a supposed officially official posting of the content will be visible to all.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

As much interesting as it may sound, the omission of the outtake without George Martin's piano overdub, Ringo's extra drum track and additional harmonies of Good Day Sunshine could simply be the result of non approval of its release by the Fab 4 and their representative ?
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

'Revolver' Confirmed as Next Beatles Album to Get Deluxe Treatment and Remix

This morning I read a news article (Variety) on my phone confirming that Revolver is coming out next. They said details come out in September . . . in 1970 I was 13 and can still remember staring at the record cover for about an hour while we visited with my aunt on the way home from wherever I bought it. I couldn't wait to get to my record player.
Last edited by Gringo557 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SlvrHmrMn

Post by SlvrHmrMn »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
hallucalation wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:01 pm Do you have any other details?
Cannot reveal much. Well... two other details. It will have demos of few songs. Plus RM11 of Tomorrow Never Knows which was on very first mono pressing. But please don't quote me on other forums.
Wait for tracklist.
I am wondering how they will manage not to get all the stuff we already have from the Granny Smith sessions album until the (excellent) recent work shared here by Magoocus and mostly, in what conditions it will be issued.

Lewisohn's book will help us in identifying what will be missing from this box set.

Nonetheless I am eagerly awaiting this set, and would have liked one for Rubber Soul as well.
Magoocus and I have talked about updating The Revolver Sessions and it looks like this may be the time do it, finally. It's disappointing that Apple didn't use that set as an example, as I know for a fact Jeff Jones was given a copy by someone fifteen years ago (I made a physical copy with artwork specifically for him). There's a huge gap between their approach to these sets and what their fans want. At the very least they should include take 1 of everything, even if (like Good Day Sunshine) it's just the basic track of the master.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

SlvrHmrMn wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:07 pm
yymca6 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
hallucalation wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Cannot reveal much. Well... two other details. It will have demos of few songs. Plus RM11 of Tomorrow Never Knows which was on very first mono pressing. But please don't quote me on other forums.
Wait for tracklist.
I am wondering how they will manage not to get all the stuff we already have from the Granny Smith sessions album until the (excellent) recent work shared here by Magoocus and mostly, in what conditions it will be issued.

Lewisohn's book will help us in identifying what will be missing from this box set.

Nonetheless I am eagerly awaiting this set, and would have liked one for Rubber Soul as well.
Magoocus and I have talked about updating The Revolver Sessions and it looks like this may be the time do it, finally. It's disappointing that Apple didn't use that set as an example, as I know for a fact Jeff Jones was given a copy by someone fifteen years ago (I made a physical copy with artwork specifically for him). There's a huge gap between their approach to these sets and what their fans want. At the very least they should include take 1 of everything, even if (like Good Day Sunshine) it's just the basic track of the master.
I did not expect an answer that precise and that relevant.
Let Giles get out his version and then please get back to work to re-enlighten this masterpiece.
Thanks!
Yves
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

There are many very intriguing new tracks in that list. I can deal with the missing basic track of good day sunshine easily enough, but it would have been nice to get it with some chat at either end. The only headscratcher is taxman being represented exclusively by take 11 imo, would have been nice to get something else there.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

millerTEK wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:08 pm That list of sessions is all items previously bootlegged or reconstructed - I noticed the previous 4 boxes tried to keep out massive amounts of previously bootlegged stuff to be fresh and more attractive. I think we'll just have to see when the official list comes out.
All Things Must Pass was like that, they avoided the bootlegged stuff in general. I felt it a real shame for Apple not to include some of those gorgeous session acetates . . . we did get a whole disc of previously bootlegged acoustic George performances though!