Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Revolver 2022... on or off?

Post by Lord Reith »

Wouldn't putting out Revolver in the same general timeframe as Get Back be a marketing no-no?

Maybe if GB hadn't been delayed, but I can't see them double dipping this year.
MrP

Post by MrP »

maybe if Get Back was an audio release
i don't see get back to be such a big seller that they would feel anything in the fall would cut into it's numbers
last year we had ATMP, Plastic Ono and Let It Be and i am sure i am leaving out some mccartney III item
i can't see the Giles haters being able to deal with a full year of not able able to bitch about some production he ruined

i would not be surprised to see a revolver release or something else like it in october
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I hope so.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

FestVideoRoom, do you have any idea what would be on this planned Revolver SDE? Or could you ask your sources about it? Would really love to know...
P.S I'm just remembering when details of the LIB boxset were leaking on the Daily Beatle (after I had assumed the Get Back movie would mean they didn't also do a LIB boxset), and then the tracklist was accidentally released on Amazon, and THEN they announced it. I remember the feeling of adrenaline as we all found out more details together!
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

I promise: if I had any more details to share, I would do so... I suspect we'll get more and better info as the summer progresses. That being said, the only time I've ever had this kind of information prove incorrect was when the planned Beatles Live box unexpectedly morphed into the Eight Days a Week film, replacing something that would have been special with a hearty dose of Meh.

What's become painfully clear in recent days is that this year's plans are somewhat fluid - particularly given the radio silence on the whole Some Time in New York City project. Whether THAT has been pushed ahead due to the lateness of Disney's Get Back home release or perhaps a sudden reticence on the Lennon family's part to issue a boxed set with John singing (ahem, you know which word) about 1000 times across about a dozen different takes and remixes... I guess that remains to be seen along with how all this will affect the other alleged releases for the year (London Town, Back to the Egg, Concert for Bangla-Desh and potentially Revolver).

In any event: if it DOESN"T drop this year, Revolver will doubtless drop next... and very likely followed closely by Rubber Soul.

After THAT all pans out, then I would question whether or not we would see any further individual Beatles LPs afforded the SDE treatment.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:12 am What's become painfully clear in recent days is that this year's plans are somewhat fluid - particularly given the radio silence on the whole Some Time in New York City project.
At least there's still a chance for a Get Back extended Blu-ray then... :lol:
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

A Hard Days Night and Help! albums have decent stereo mixes but Beatles For Sale, With The Beatles and Please, Please Me are duo-phonic of course. I would love to have those albums get a proper official remix. But I must be honest, the quality of the remixes I've got from here really is fantastic. I've always considered 'Love Me Do' as a fairly bland song that I often skip. However, I listened to Kenny Saxon's remix the other day and it was phenomenal, the song sounded great. The remixers I'm aware of on here - Lord Reith, Kenny Saxton, the person who did all those 'Remixed and Remastered' mixes, fishbeardsunset, hummous905 and mixerrog, have created remixes that I can't believe could be noticeably improved with an official remix.

Apologies to those remixers on here that I've missed off my list above.

There are people on here that amaze me with their remix and remastering skills. The only reason I'd want to see official remixes is the extras.

Thanks for all the great releases you uploaded here. :)
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:38 pm A Hard Days Night and Help! albums have decent stereo mixes but Beatles For Sale, With The Beatles and Please, Please Me are duo-phonic of course.
No they aren't, duophonic was a Capitol thing. The albums you mention are UK Parlophone albums...some fake stereo tracks appear but no duophonic.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Didn't know that. I thought it meant the way the two track stereo mixes were made - voices to one side. Is there a name for the type of stereo mixes on the UK albums?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I would like them to just release the outtakes and not do any demixed albums for another 10 years.