GET BACK Blu-Ray Kicked to Summer 2022

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
sam004

Re: GET BACK Blu-Ray Kicked to Summer 2022

Post by sam004 »

It seems to me that by releasing the Film on DVD, they are killing any chance at an extended cut. If they would have made that and released it, more people would buy it. Not many people are going to buy both. But you could entice them to do so by including the original Let It Be Film and/or extended cut.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Looks like the GB release will be identical content and packaging to what was recalled - just without "authoring challenges" which I never experienced from the recalled version involving sound track options. I do recall a small v2 added to Back to the future DVD replacement disc center years ago, LOL, maybe that's how we'll know the difference between new and recalled copies in the same packaging.

So whatever happens, I'll just go with the flow. They can never release something everyone is happy with, so enjoy the stuff we still have of the original movie and b/w outtakes, etc.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:11 am The Get Back BluRay football has been punted to Summer 2022. I wish I could care at all about this. There are no extras. Just the 8hr schlog of a show. I abandoned watching it at the 3/4 mark of the 2nd installment. It is such the downer to watch. Knowing the inevitable. Watching four individuals attempting to be a band. (OK...so they manage a heck a lot better than any band I've ever been in..) Yet we have Ringo, who seems disinterested in the whole affair as he sits and bashes his drums. Paul, who seems outwardly oblivious to the fact that this is really the end of the Beatles. Yet we know now that he was the one (not Yoko) who broke up the band by suing them. George had already left the band; had an abundance of great songs which the Beatles would never record. And John (and Yoko) completely wrecked on heroin so as to not be present even when they were in the room.

I'm sorry for my dim outlook on this chapter of Beatle history. But there's no way I can see to put a silver lining on what is (to me) rather gloomy and depressing. It's the same reason I don't sit and listen to the comprehensive A/B Road hardly at all.

At the very least, put in the extras. The original Let It Be film, for one. The complete rooftop concert without cutaways to the street. Yoko's commentary track. Anything.
It's just a box set of the three episodes and a brief PJ 15 minute making of which was shown longer online already. Oh and four photo cards, one of each Beatle. There were ads on Youtube showing it.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's still good that it's getting a release. A stream is only a "virtual" release to me, even if you have an unauthorised copy of it. Aside from that it may not be streaming forever.

This is the kind of thing I ask for as a Christmas present. Something that I don't need asap and will probably stick on the shelf and forget about for a few years before exhuming it.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:27 am
This is the kind of thing I ask for as a Christmas present. Something that I don't need asap and will probably stick on the shelf and forget about for a few years before exhuming it.
Bruthah from anuthah muthah!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:13 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:27 am
Bruthah from anuthah muthah!!
Not sure what that means but I'll take it as a compliment!
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

It is. It just means we think uncannily alike.
I have a few Christmas gifts on the shelf from years past, still awaiting their eventual exhumation.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:03 am It is. It just means we think uncannily alike.
I have a few Christmas gifts on the shelf from years past, still awaiting their eventual exhumation.
Years? Man, I have things from decades ago that I've never watched/heard. :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Finally officially released.
Blu-ray released thru Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Finally put to bed!