GET BACK Blu-Ray Kicked to Summer 2022

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Megazeti

Re: GET BACK Blu-Ray Kicked to Summer 2022

Post by Megazeti »

(Regarding the latest news)
Gawd and though the Beatles demise (from the White album to the split) roughly took around 2 1/2 years, the modern day GB chapter dragging on more for than the original period alone has gotten so far out of control its not even funny and is beyond a f****n joke!!!
I tell you what they really know how to make the hard core fans blood boil.
PaulsBrokenaGlass

Post by PaulsBrokenaGlass »

Very much doubt the excuse of "authoring challenges". People have apparently received copies and they are absolutely fine.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Maybe there is a blame game going on about who is to be held accountable for the faulty audio on the withdrawn release. From experience, everyone in the chain will deny responsibility and point the finger at someone else. The mastering plant will say it's Disney's fault, Disney will say it's the mastering plant's fault, and Apple will say it the socks and sandals' fault. There is a lot of money involved here, so I expect they are squabbling over who is to cough up the lolly.

I don't think it has anything remotely to do with there being a deluxe edition in the works.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I for one am not especially surprised it's going tits up (again), and nor am I that bothered. (We waited half a century for the Let It Be film before giving up.) We have all the footage we are going to get already, anyway. The rest of the package isn't Beatles product, it's just what the network of corporations and controllers and marketing men are doing with things the group left behind all those years ago. I don't need anything "official" from Disney. The stuff on this forum is usually far better than the commercial products anyway.
jspaceman

Post by jspaceman »

Release date has been announced as 11th July for UK and rest of Europe, USA has a release date of 12th July.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

So, we've had the Peter Jackson movie and audio for six months now. I've only watched it the once, when it was first screened, but I don't remember there being too many complete song performances - I think it jumped around a lot from song snippet to conversation to song snippet etc.

I was wondering if anyone has done any analysis of what's there audio-wise? Is there a list of performances available? I'm quite interested in trying to extract the more complete songs and see if they can be presented as listenable tracks rather than just bits and pieces.
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Makes me wonder how PJ feels about this, to be the creator of an excellent series and to now observe this horse fking soap opera play out just to get a release date for a physical release so the non streaming community can have a view of it maybe now he genuinely understands how the fans feel.
MrP

Post by MrP »

I doubt that but a handful who buy it will not have previously seen it

Megazeti wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:05 am Makes me wonder how PJ feels about this, to be the creator of an excellent series and to now observe this horse fking soap opera play out just to get a release date for a physical release so the non streaming community can have a view of it maybe now he genuinely understands how the fans feel.
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Mr Bump wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:08 pm So, we've had the Peter Jackson movie and audio for six months now. I've only watched it the once, when it was first screened, but I don't remember there being too many complete song performances - I think it jumped around a lot from song snippet to conversation to song snippet etc.

I was wondering if anyone has done any analysis of what's there audio-wise? Is there a list of performances available? I'm quite interested in trying to extract the more complete songs and see if they can be presented as listenable tracks rather than just bits and pieces.
Doug Sulpy breaks this down in the 910 newsletter

So Far Eps 01 & 02 are published
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The Get Back BluRay football has been punted to Summer 2022. I wish I could care at all about this. There are no extras. Just the 8hr schlog of a show. I abandoned watching it at the 3/4 mark of the 2nd installment. It is such the downer to watch. Knowing the inevitable. Watching four individuals attempting to be a band. (OK...so they manage a heck a lot better than any band I've ever been in..) Yet we have Ringo, who seems disinterested in the whole affair as he sits and bashes his drums. Paul, who seems outwardly oblivious to the fact that this is really the end of the Beatles. Yet we know now that he was the one (not Yoko) who broke up the band by suing them. George had already left the band; had an abundance of great songs which the Beatles would never record. And John (and Yoko) completely wrecked on heroin so as to not be present even when they were in the room.

I'm sorry for my dim outlook on this chapter of Beatle history. But there's no way I can see to put a silver lining on what is (to me) rather gloomy and depressing. It's the same reason I don't sit and listen to the comprehensive A/B Road hardly at all.

At the very least, put in the extras. The original Let It Be film, for one. The complete rooftop concert without cutaways to the street. Yoko's commentary track. Anything.