Dr. Robert "O.K. Herb" ?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Carose

Dr. Robert "O.K. Herb" ?

Post by Carose »

Does anyone know if this mix is still around anymore , I've been listening to a number of different Yesterday and Today transfers and I haven't been able to find one where you can hear John say O.K. Herb at the fade out of Dr. Robert . I know it's trivial but it's cool 8-) . Thanks
Mrbeatleg

Re: Dr. Robert "O.K. Herb" ?

Post by Mrbeatleg »

the US mono mix of the song, as released on Yesterday and Today, Lennon appears to say "OK, Herb" at the very end of the track

Winn, John C. (2009). That Magic Feeling: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume Two, 1966–1970. New York City: Three Rivers Press. ISBN 978-0-307-45239-9.
Carose

Post by Carose »

Hi, sorry I may not have been clearer as to what I had meant, I realize that it is on the U.S. Capitol album Yesterday and...Today original mono mix , what I was referring to is that in all the different transferable incarnations that I have heard on various CD's or digital files , I haven't yet found any where you can still hear John's O.K. Herb at the end of the track, I was wondering if someone may still know of any files out there where it can still be heard. Thanks :)
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

I just heard it on DESS US Mono (2005).
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Here is the phrase isolated:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1AKsLQmAf_DwMS2t4pCiD7WF2XglCL_uq/view?usp=sharing
Carose

Post by Carose »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:11 pm Here is the phrase isolated:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1AKsLQmAf_DwMS2t4pCiD7WF2XglCL_uq/view?usp=sharing
Thanks , love the isolated phrase , I went back and increased my volume way up and I heard it ( well I guess my ears just aren't what they used to be (70 years of age) ;) Thanks to all and have a great day !! :D :D :D
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

In a sound editor you can select and normalize any piece of audio. Better than cranking the volume ;-)