Are These Really Necessary?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
beatlbay

Are These Really Necessary?

Post by beatlbay »

I really think anyone of us could have come up with something a bit better for "Record Store Day".

http://webgrafikk.com/blog/news/ringo-t ... s-for-rsd/

But the best thing is the advertising:

"Often considered one of his coolest works of the late seventies, “Ringo The 4th” would become one of the Ringo Starr’s most loved ventures and one of the finer rock recordings of 1977."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BrianHodkin21

Re: Are These Really Necessary?

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

As a collector, I'm glad they're releasing these.
But just imagine if instead they did something like a Beatles rooftop vinyl and it was limited to about 2000 or 3000.
They'd all be up on eBay for at least triple the price they were purchased for. And many of us would miss out.
Do we really want some amazing release that only 3000 of us will get and the majority of that 3000 having to pay stupid prices on eBay?

I get that those records obviously won't be on the top of everyone's "to buy list" but I'm glad that they chose those instead of something amazing or unreleased that we'd all have to hunt for or pay a stupid price on eBay for.