This new 1+ Dolby atmos release....

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: This new 1+ Dolby atmos release....

Post by Lord Reith »

So what format is Dolby atmos? What is the extension? I take it that it's not .wav ?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:29 pm So what format is Dolby atmos? What is the extension? I take it that it's not .wav ?
This might shine some light on that (maybe, I’m not technically inclined enough but it’s a start). https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpr ... 53a8ce/mac

Maybe this as well. https://learning.dolby.com/hc/en-us/art ... ter-Files-
dk2600

Post by dk2600 »

Some more info about Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio

https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/dolby ... tial-audio

We understand the world of stereo: the audio signal consists of two channels, and then differences in level between one signal appearing in both channels create the impression of the sound appearing from somewhere between the two speakers. Those levels can be changed and adapted, and a sonic object can be made to appear in any place along the line, or indeed move around it.

Dolby Atmos takes this further. The concept is simple enough: instead of having just two speakers as in a stereo setup, or five speakers and a sub as in a 5.1 surround sound system, Dolby Atmos allows you to play back over whatever system you do have, and will decode the same signal differently, but with compatibility, which means that you can play a full-range Dolby Atmos mix both over a theatre setup or simply by using those two speakers in a home stereo formulation.

But read along yourself.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

dk2600 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:40 am Some more info about Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio

Dolby Atmos allows you to play back over whatever system you do have, and will decode the same signal differently, but with compatibility, which means that you can play a full-range Dolby Atmos mix both over a theatre setup or simply by using those two speakers in a home stereo formulation.[/i]

But read along yourself.
Are you saying I can fully enjoy Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio om my HMV 78rpm machine bought in HMV store Oxford street 1954 on a sunny Saturday morning? :oops: :oops: :lol:
I guess not :)

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:08 pm
Are you saying I can fully enjoy Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio om my HMV 78rpm machine bought in HMV store Oxford street 1954 on a sunny Saturday morning? :oops: :oops: :lol:

Regards
ATN
Putting your head directly into the cone of a Victrola is how spatial audio was invented.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:02 pm
AllTogetherNow wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:08 pm

Regards
ATN
Putting your head directly into the cone of a Victrola is how spatial audio was invented.
Sorry to say the Victrola was never a brand invented. Might have been in one of yor prenatal dreams maybe.
I CAN tell that the sound from a HMV in its day was outstanding and the speed was growing :lol:

Many thanks for your input :D

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

schorman

Post by schorman »

Just wanted to post that it's now possible to rip the Atmos mixes for 1, Abbey Road, Let It Be, Sgt. Pepper, The Rooftop Concert, and SFF/PL from Tidal. Two formats are available there: one that's got a 5.1 E-AC3 base, and a second with a Stereo Dolby AC-4 base. It seems that AC-4 playback is impossible at the moment, however.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

schorman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:25 pm Just wanted to post that it's now possible to rip the Atmos mixes for 1, Abbey Road, Let It Be, Sgt. Pepper, The Rooftop Concert, and SFF/PL from Tidal. Two formats are available there: one that's got a 5.1 E-AC3 base, and a second with a Stereo Dolby AC-4 base. It seems that AC-4 playback is impossible at the moment, however.
That's good to know, but members please remember not to post the files here or any software for ripping the atmos streams. I'm sure a bit of googling will turn up the answers. ;)
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

all atmos mixes are available (somewhere) in mpeg-4 format and are easy to convert in flac.