Beatles Tributes / Celebrations BY Ex-Beatles

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
robbmacc

Beatles Tributes / Celebrations BY Ex-Beatles

Post by robbmacc »

Hunkered down here in the northern part of the state of Wisconsin, sick of the snow, below-zero temps (in degrees F), and winter in general...

...and was thinking of making a list of tributes to / celebrations of The Beatles by the bandmembers themselves.

(I wanted JOYFUL songs--so no "How Do You Sleep" or "God." And, yes, my criteria is VERY "elastic.")

RINGO ABOUT BEATLES:
"Early 1970"
"Back Off Boogaloo" [1981 version]
RINGO ABOUT GEORGE:
"Never Without You"
RINGO ABOUT JOHN:
"Grown Old With Me" [cover of John song, with Paul]

GEORGE ABOUT BEATLES:
"When We Was Fab" [with Ringo]
GEORGE ABOUT JOHN:
"All Those Years Ago" [with Paul and Ringo]

PAUL ABOUT JOHN:
"Here Today"
PAUL ABOUT GEORGE:
"Something" [from "The Concert for George," with Ringo, Eric Clapton, et al]

JOHN ABOUT BEATLES: (I know this is stretching things, but John needs to be included)
"I'm The Greatest" [written by John, sung by Ringo, with John, George, & Klaus Voorman]
"I Saw Her Standing There" [live cover of song mostly written by Paul, with Elton John]

Just a snowy, cold afternoon project.

I'm sure I've missed some.
robbmacc

Re: Beatles Tributes / Celebrations BY Ex-Beatles

Post by robbmacc »

Hate to revisit a thread that didn't get any traction, but I keep thinking about it, and I'd like to put together a collection for my own listening enjoyment.

Tentative title: ABOUT THE BEATLES--Tributes To The Beatles, By The Beatles

I need some help. Ringo is over-represented, so I'd like to replace two of his vocals with John vocals, plus I have two other requests...

1. Ringo's "Grow Old With Me" with Ringo's vocals replaced with John's.
2. John's demo of "I'm the Greatest." (Or, better yet, has anyone replaced Ringo's vocals from the album version with John's [don't think anyone has, but maybe I'm wrong]?)
3. It's not a tribute, but since I'm including other collaborations of at least three Fabs, I'm now looking for "Sour Milk Sea" with the Lomax vocals replaced with George's.
4. Lastly, does anyone have the John/Elton live version of "I Saw Her Standing There"? (I have it on a 12" single, but no way to transfer it.)

I know that's asking a lot, but I don't collect solo boots.

If anyone can help with any of the above (or have any suggestions--for instance I think I remember hearing of a version of "All Those Years Ago" with Paul's backing vocals boosted), I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I can provide a running order when I'm finished, if anyone is interested.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

OK; now I've become obsessed:

ABOUT THE BEATLES:
Tributes & Celebrations
of The Beatles
by The Beatles

1. "I'm The Greatest" [written by John, sung by Ringo, with John, George, and Klaus Voorman]
2. "All Those Years Ago" [George, Paul and Ringo]
3. "Here Today" [Paul, produced and orchestrated by George Martin]
4. "Grow Old With Me" [John, Ringo and Paul]
5. "When We Was Fab" [George and Ringo]
6. "Never Without You" [Ringo]
7. "Something" [from "The Concert for George," Paul and Ringo, with Eric Clapton, et al]
8. "Back Off Boogaloo" [1981 version, Ringo]
9. "I Saw Her Standing There" [John’s live cover of a song written by Paul; with Elton John’s band]
BONUS TRACK:
10. "Sour Milk Sea" [George, Paul, Ringo, & Eric Clapton]
SINGLE:
11. "All Those Years Ago" [single mix—backup singers enhanced]
12. "Early 1970" [non-album track]
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

robbmacc wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:57 pm 4. Lastly, does anyone have the John/Elton live version of "I Saw Her Standing There"? (I have it on a 12" single, but no way to transfer it.)
Nice compilation you've done. I do have the live ISHST, but I'm going to wait on verification from WilliamShears before posting it, since even though it's a John Lennon vocal, it's still an "Elton John" record, and we certainly don't want someone of his stature (or his record company) coming down on us.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."