Think there'll be a Please Please Me (60th Anniversary)?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
johnnyt909

Re: Think there'll be a Please Please Me (60th Anniversary)?

Post by johnnyt909 »

I always thought it would be interesting to hear all the takes of all Beatles recordings in the studio, how they appear in chronological order as in Lewisohn's book. Release it on the anniversary year of The Beatles as a recording group which started 60 years ago. A 2022 - 23 release as a package deal or divide it up but do it quickly because I can't wait another 10 years. In 1962 I was nine. I'm sure they have it all digital by now unless some tapes were bad and did not survive with a lot of drop outs and they were not unable to save. I want to hear everything Mr. Lewisohn heard if possible. Had to wait 52 years for the official Get Back album! It's time to release it all!!!!
From a long time Beatle fan.
Johnny :idea:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The most sensible course for them would be to do AHDN and BFS next. Why? Because there's loads of vocal outtakes, plus the demixing would basically only involve separating the drums and bass from the guitar, which is a fairly simple task at this time.

Revolver and Rubber Soul would require more sophisticated demixing and thus should be pushed to the end of the queue. Likewise, PPM and WTB present their own challenges.

But, based on current technology, albums 3 and 4 are entirely do-able.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

Lewisohn haven't heard every tape he described in the book, in fact he hasn't heard significant amount of them due to deadlines.
johnnyt909

Post by johnnyt909 »

I think there is a lot of early stuff out there bootleg and official. Several years ago I was going to spend time on what matched up to the takes Lewisohn listened to and what was available, but never took the deep dive. I might have seen a list on the old bootlegzone where somebody tried to show what was available. I think Lord Reith is right! On some of their later albums to listen to what EMI has in their vaults. The evolution of a song recorded would be a fun listen, being a fly on the wall would be most enjoyable.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I consider ABRAKADABRA v1 to be my Please Please Me SDE.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:31 am The most sensible course for them would be to do AHDN and BFS next. Why? Because there's loads of vocal outtakes, plus the demixing would basically only involve separating the drums and bass from the guitar, which is a fairly simple task at this time.

Revolver and Rubber Soul would require more sophisticated demixing and thus should be pushed to the end of the queue. Likewise, PPM and WTB present their own challenges.

But, based on current technology, albums 3 and 4 are entirely do-able.
If they won't remix those albums, they should just give us the outtakes like they did for the Bootleg Recordings 1963 they released on iTunes in 2013.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Hi All

Problem is alot of the early takes were either lost or recorded over.
Dont think there is much left available.
If there were any good outtakes would have been put on the anthology cds
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Has much changed since John Wynn's Lifting Latches (2005) as its mostly based on John Barrett's audit and other sources?
IfYouLookToYourLeft

Post by IfYouLookToYourLeft »

If they included a cleaned up version of that early Cavern Club show that Paul bought, the Emerick session tape and if they could find The Beatles version of ‘Tip of My Tongue’ then he’ll yes I’d buy that. I’m sure they could scrape together a few more never before heard things that would sweeten the deal. Do I believe this will happen? Unfortunately, no. But one can dream. 😝
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

I think since a PPM 2009 Stereo Mix was made and also The Early Beatles Capitol Stereo LP with
centered vocals from what I read and if it's true.and I think Giles Martin can
make a 60th. stereo mix,and perhaps a 60th. Mono Mix
There should be enough takes, demos and also including the ones with Pete Best & Alan White or perhaps unreleased material we have not heard at all
to make a nice deluxe version.
The DECCA audition and The Star Club Tapes would be a nice bonus,but as we know it's very unlikely it would be included.
Mike