Yesterday & Today 45th Anniversary - Needledrop? From Masters?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Kusaywa

Yesterday & Today 45th Anniversary - Needledrop? From Masters?

Post by Kusaywa »

Came across this and was wondering if it is a needledrop or from the Original US Masters?
Any opinions on this?
[urlhttps://www.discogs.com/release/5198592-The-Bea ... -And-Today][/url]
mojofilter

Re: Yesterday & Today 45th Anniversary - Needledrop? From Masters?

Post by mojofilter »

On the Discogs page they list it as an Unofficial Release, and it's blocked from sale in their Marketplace. So it's just an elaborately-packaged bootleg. The bonus tracks are a dead giveaway.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa »

So it's just an elaborately-packaged bootleg.
But a bootleg of what?
Wondering what people think of the quality, can't really tell with ear buds (which all I currently have).
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Kusaywa wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:08 pm Came across this and was wondering if it is a needledrop or from the Original US Masters?
Any opinions on this?
[urlhttps://www.discogs.com/release/5198592-The-Bea ... -And-Today][/url]
I don't know what the OBI translation indicates. I looked everywhere for the word MASTER on the discogs images.
I never saw "MASTERS" , but, it does say "Unofficial" so, they might be unofficial masters.
The booklet is nice. One of the Butcher outtakes was new to me.
Can any Beatles record sound good enough?
Thank you.
KC
Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa »

Well, if it is a bootleg, it's OK to post here...
Have a Listen!!!
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bvOEkldKDyp5JpwDmt9tfs8YwYRYuCHM?usp=sharing
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Thank you for posting the disc, Kusaywa. I can confirm now that it's needledrops of the records, with clicks removed nicely but with no obvious noise reduction. You can hear the record surface and some resonance on the last notes of the songs as the volume fades.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

mojofilter wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:50 pm Thank you for posting the disc, Kusaywa. I can confirm now that it's needledrops of the records, with clicks removed nicely but with no obvious noise reduction. You can hear the record surface and some resonance on the last notes of the songs as the volume fades.
Right on, my friend. You spotted it quite fast!
Yves
Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa »

Too bad the US Albums box Yesterday & Today wasn't done this way, except not a needledrop (of course). I have the Volume 1 & 2 of the Capitol Albums but made my own versions of the others from the box. Think I'll replace the Y&T I did with this one, only remove the bonus tracks and maybe add the "True Stereo" version of I'm Only Sleeping. The US Box could have been so much better. I wouldn't have included the Revolver album (except for nostalgia purposes) since all the tracks are the UK versions. They could have at least included the Matrix XEX 606-1 version of Tomorrow Never Knows as a bonus track. Magical Mystery Tour would have been a GREAT addition, again with the Promotional Penny Lane as a bonus track along with the I Am The Walrus single. For the hell of it, include the mono of The Beatles Story, again just for nostalgia (maybe someone owned it in mono and would prefer it that way. And lastly... I know Hey Jude wasn't released in mono but 8 of the 10 songs were done in mono, some of them unique. Could have been added for people that didn't have the Mono Singles or older Singles and/or EP boxes. Could have even made "new" mono mixes of Old Brown Shoe and The Ballad of John & Yoko unique to this set, instead of basically recycling most of the Remasters. OK, done with my rant! Hope you enjoy the Y&T!
PuppetMaster

Post by PuppetMaster »

has anyone compared the mono/stereo tracks to the dr ebbetts releases?
whenever i see any of these japan boots they always seem to be taken from various sources available previously and just brought together into one package.
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

I'm actually quite surprised no one has made a boot called "Somnambulant Adventure" by now.