Yesterday & Today 45th Anniversary - Needledrop? From Masters?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
maul

Re: Yesterday & Today 45th Anniversary - Needledrop? From Masters?

Post by maul »

PuppetMaster wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm has anyone compared the mono/stereo tracks to the dr ebbetts releases?
whenever i see any of these japan boots they always seem to be taken from various sources available previously and just brought together into one package.
correct, I've reviewed this release some time ago and I concluded as follows:
"just listened to Y&T "45th anniversary: Stereo tracks and Mono tracks are both derived from their respective DESS (happy to note that also Hoffman suggests this), in this '2011 remaster' they took DESS and -instead of trying to 'de-equalize'- they re-equalized to their taste :cry:
The Mono is not acceptable since it has too much basses..
."

and again, sometime after: "I've re-examinated ''Yesterday And Today (2011, 45th Anniversary Edition, Japan, EMI TOCP-71111)'' and it's the usual story: good for listening but very far from the real Y&T sound: they took DESS and Re-EQued everything. For the worse. They have succeeded in the undertaking of worsening DESS EQ :D