Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Computer Gary

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by Computer Gary »

Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 pmThat's only a few episodes.
Well, what else is there? They only appeared on the four shows.

Or are you referring to the shows where they appeared not in person, but on film - the interview with Ed in London, and the videos?
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:25 am We are very lucky we got Peter Jackson to do this. I think with anyone else, Apple would have said "keep it under 2 hours". But because of his illustrious reputation, no-one was going to presume to tell him what to do. And he was smart enough to put in at least fragments of all the songs he knew the fans would want to see.
If PJ did a 2hr version for the initial cinema release as originally planned and then issue this 8hr cut on bluray, we probably be ecstatic!
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

skynet wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:57 pm
billylentz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:45 pm No extras?

2.0... Stereo... I wander what that atmos mix will sound like... A lot of echo, I´m guessing.
your guess is wrong, i got that mix in the Disney+ Broadcast, it is actually nicely done, due to all the ambience that the soundstage in Twickenham provides but also in the apple studio, and is particularly excellent through all the rooftop concert, loved the Dolby Atmos Mix
Good to know. Thanks!
I hope it´s only a matter of time until the channels separations appear then.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

miggynav wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:23 am
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:25 am We are very lucky we got Peter Jackson to do this. I think with anyone else, Apple would have said "keep it under 2 hours". But because of his illustrious reputation, no-one was going to presume to tell him what to do. And he was smart enough to put in at least fragments of all the songs he knew the fans would want to see.
If PJ did a 2hr version for the initial cinema release as originally planned and then issue this 8hr cut on bluray, we probably be ecstatic!
This is exactly right, we are greedy bastards!
cooryder

Post by cooryder »

Computer Gary wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:55 am

Or are you referring to the shows where they appeared not in person, but on film - the interview with Ed in London, and the videos?
Perhaps *all* of the extant episodes, Beatles-related and otherwise?

coo
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

WilliamShears wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:16 pm
miggynav wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:23 am
This is exactly right, we are greedy bastards!
You better believe we are! And as far as “future fans” are concerned…they will never have the level of insanity that we veterans have. If it’s something that hasn’t happened 5 minutes ago they will have zero interest
Last edited by Rickenbacker325 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Computer Gary wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:55 am

I'm talking about the show as a whole. I believe the Beatles episodes are the only officially released full episodes. Maybe the Stones DVD also has full episodes, I'm not sure.

Anywho Sofa hasn't bothered to fully release the Sullivan catalog.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

This is a quick blu-ray release. Apple as always ignoring the fans :( . Where´s the DTS version ? In the end, many of us the fans are going to buy it anyway. Meanwhile, i got a bluray I got for 1 USD, so this is the quick reply from Apple to all those no oficial DVDs, BDs, and downloads. :geek:
Ps. Looking forward for the Deluxe version of Get Back Docu. :roll:
Fred68

Post by Fred68 »

It was fun to watch (I watched the whole thing twice) but with there being no complete performances besides the Rooftop, I'm not sure why anyone would be too concerned with the sound options on these discs. What's the point of hearing it in Atmos or whatever when you're only getting snippets of songs? Even the rooftop mixes, if they remain as presented on Disney+, where constantly manipulated with varying amounts of reverb to give the perspective of whichever camera shot was being used.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Fred68 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:56 pm It was fun to watch (I watched the whole thing twice) but with there being no complete performances besides the Rooftop, I'm not sure why anyone would be too concerned with the sound options on these discs. What's the point of hearing it in Atmos or whatever when you're only getting snippets of songs? Even the rooftop mixes, if they remain as presented on Disney+, where constantly manipulated with varying amounts of reverb to give the perspective of whichever camera shot was being used.
I don´t have a DolbyAtmos decoder. DTS o Dolby 5.1 is the best option for me. In fact my bootleg BD is dolby 5.1 and sounds great. But I would expect a great sound for an official release. As I said this is a quick reply from Disney-Apple to the downloaded and bootleged versions running in the Beatles Fan Circle. We can expect later a Deluxe version in the near future. 8-)