Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
plasticsoul

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by plasticsoul »

Personally I would have been satisfied with the 3 Disney episodes IF the Rooftop performance had been presented in full without the migraine inducing multiple split screens and all the cutaway street chatter, plus the final day after the rooftop given the respect and coverage it deserved instead of a few minutes over the end credits... How difficult is it to just present the Rooftop concert complete and without all the distracting nonsense..?
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Never underestimate the Fabs ability to double-dip. George would be proud at how Paul was able to get people to purchase 3 or 4 copies of III in various 'rare' colors which worked it all the way up to #1.

I'm sure we'll get most of what we're looking for in future releases, and they'll go on the shelf next to our other 2 or 3 editions of the same release by the time they come out - if we can all live long enough! For now I'm happy with the D+ version and will roll with that 'virtual edition' in the hopes that next fall we get a full LIB release with additional extras. The momentum for that release seems as if it is as high as it will ever get, and the boys now have a 'new' story line that things weren't all that bad after all, so no more excuses...

It's also a very positive sign that PJ has the chance to be part of these Apple conversations, which would tend to work in all of our favor when it comes to 'more' being made available.
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

Fun 4 None wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:45 pmI'm talking about the show as a whole. I believe the Beatles episodes are the only officially released full episodes. Maybe the Stones DVD also has full episodes, I'm not sure.
Ah, I get it now. Complete episodes of The Ed Sullivan Show in general. Yes, that would be interesting to have.

As far as the Rolling Stones are concerned, yes, there was a collection of shows with their appearances.

In addition to the 6-episode collection shown above, there were also DVD collections with just 3 episodes and just 4 episodes. Why? That's a good question.

There was also a collection of the Ed Sullivan shows in which Elvis appeared.

Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Been sitting on the series for a few weeks. Now I read here that there's no complete studio performances. Why would PJ do that? Does he not realise just how much some people were waiting to see the remastered and remixed performances? Very disappointed. It's still unmissable but a sad omission not having any full performances other than on the roof.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:40 am Been sitting on the series for a few weeks. Now I read here that there's no complete studio performances. Why would PJ do that? Does he not realise just how much some people were waiting to see the remastered and remixed performances? Very disappointed. It's still unmissable but a sad omission not having any full performances other than on the roof.
I think the cameras didn't always film the whole way through the songs though. They were making a documentary, so they just shot stuff they thought would be useful for that. I don't think they were thinking in terms of capturing complete songs until the last few days.

For instance, it's pretty obvious when John is supposedly seen doingMadman he's actually singing something completely different.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:40 am Been sitting on the series for a few weeks. Now I read here that there's no complete studio performances. Why would PJ do that? Does he not realise just how much some people were waiting to see the remastered and remixed performances? Very disappointed. It's still unmissable but a sad omission not having any full performances other than on the roof.
As LR said, the cameras weren't always on. There's songs that didn't get filmed at all or others that only got filmed for about 20 or 30 seconds, so if PJ wanted extra time for songs that didn't have much footage or none at all, he'd reconstruct it with alternate footage from the same day. PJ literally just used what exists.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's sad to think some of those oldies have no footage. That's the part that interests me. Overall I find their own songs from that period to be forgettable aside from Let It Be and Long And Winding Road.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 am It's sad to think some of those oldies have no footage. That's the part that interests me. Overall I find their own songs from that period to be forgettable aside from Let It Be and Long And Winding Road.
I rather like Get Back and Don't Let Me Down meself.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:20 am
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 am It's sad to think some of those oldies have no footage. That's the part that interests me. Overall I find their own songs from that period to be forgettable aside from Let It Be and Long And Winding Road.
I rather like Get Back and Don't Let Me Down meself.
I'd like to add Two Of Us and One After 909 (the new version of course) to the 'decent' list. :)

When I first heard the Let It Be album I pretty much hated it. Over the (many) years I have grown to love it especially the 'naked' versions. This thread has reminded me of how many great songs there are on LIB/GB - including ATU. Album for album I actually prefer LIB now to AR. Sacrilege I know but there it is. :shock:
greyratfromBZ

Post by greyratfromBZ »

MrP wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 pm why?
I'm going under the assumption they want this to sell. If it's the exact same as what was/is on Disney+ why buy it? Unless your a completist fan who needs to have it in hard copy.