Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Yellowsubmarine

Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Coming in February 2022.

Special Packaging:
Rigid Slipcase
3-disc Softpack
4 Collector Cards

Audio:
English Dolby Atmos
English Stereo PCM
English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital

Run Time: Approx. 458 minutes

Thanks for the info, Roger!

http://webgrafikk.com/blog/news/get-bac ... IWNnhvu0fs
Fun 4 None

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by Fun 4 None »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:07 pm Coming in February 2022.

Special Packaging:
Rigid Slipcase
3-disc Softpack
4 Collector Cards

Audio:
English Dolby Atmos
English Stereo PCM
English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital

Run Time: Approx. 458 minutes

Thanks for the info, Roger!

http://webgrafikk.com/blog/news/get-bac ... IWNnhvu0fs
Pretty much exactly what I expected, once the holiday season passed and Disney made most of their cash, Apple went straight to VOD. Only bummer about this is so far no original Let it Be film, or any special features. Maybe that is slated to change.
jspaceman

Post by jspaceman »

Fun 4 None wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:09 pmOnly bummer about this is so far no original Let it Be film, or any special features. Maybe that is slated to change.
The extras, full rooftop concert and original Let It Be film will be released for Christmas 2022 as a super duper extra special limited to infinite numbers edition.
It really wouldn't surprise me.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

If the bluray release of Eight Whoopees A Minute is anything to go by, this may be it. Four collectors cards. :(

I hope to God I'm wrong, but this is Apple we're talking about here.

Regarding Let It Be, I am even less optimistic. The idea was that it would be bundled with the PJ doco, but it's not here. Would they really issue it as a standalone disc?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 am Regarding Let It Be, I am even less optimistic. The idea was that it would be bundled with the PJ doco, but it's not here. Would they really issue it as a standalone disc?
I don't think "Let It Be" was ever a part of the deal with Disney. And it wasn't in the plans for the Let It Be boxed set either, it was always something they wanted to figure out what to do with after the boxed set and the blu-ray releases were over and done with. I am not sure if they have yet decided in what capacity they are going to "make it available" (I believe the wording was), and when. Since there's no bonus material advertised in the blu-ray ads, "Let It Be" will still be necessary for the full Jan 31 songs.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Wogew wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:28 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 am Regarding Let It Be, I am even less optimistic. The idea was that it would be bundled with the PJ doco, but it's not here. Would they really issue it as a standalone disc?
I don't think "Let It Be" was ever a part of the deal with Disney. And it wasn't in the plans for the Let It Be boxed set either, it was always something they wanted to figure out what to do with after the boxed set and the blu-ray releases were over and done with. I am not sure if they have yet decided in what capacity they are going to "make it available" (I believe the wording was), and when. Since there's no bonus material advertised in the blu-ray ads, "Let It Be" will still be necessary for the full Jan 31 songs.
I don't think Disney has any VOD rights. I believe that all belongs to Apple.
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Lindsay-Hogg: The Let It Be movie was semi-going to be released a lot in the last 20 years but it never was the right time in relation to the other things The Beatles were releasing, which was remasters, all their videos. The Beatles like to make hay when the sun shines. And Apple, they made about five in-house documentaries to go with Let It Be but it never quite was what everybody wanted. A friend at Apple three years ago said Peter’s interested in taking a whack it and I said, “What about Let It Be?” And he said, “Well, the plan is after Peter’s done it, (they didn’t know it would take three years because of Covid), and after Get Back has had its rollout, the plan is to rerelease in some form Let It Be.” To that end for the last two or three years, the director of photography Tony Richmond and I have been working on the print, so it looks totally different and Giles Martin has been working on the soundtrack. It’s a good movie and it’s only 80 minutes long.
Excerpt from hxxps://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/the-lon ... ding-smoke
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

No extras?

2.0... Stereo... I wander what that atmos mix will sound like... A lot of echo, I´m guessing.
snrub

Post by snrub »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 am If the bluray release of Eight Whoopees A Minute is anything to go by, this may be it. Four collectors cards. :(

I hope to God I'm wrong, but this is Apple we're talking about here.

Regarding Let It Be, I am even less optimistic. The idea was that it would be bundled with the PJ doco, but it's not here. Would they really issue it as a standalone disc?
It comes with Eight Whoopies to Hold You...
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Okay, for some reason I thought it was supposed to be part of the GB bluray. But "plans" to issue LIB have been around for literally 30 years now. I fear it's just going to stay sitting on the shelf in the "oh, we'll get around to that one day, when all the fans are dead" category. :roll:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene