Brand new My Sweet Lord music video

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
bobzilla

Brand new My Sweet Lord music video

Post by bobzilla »

I've watched it 3 times now because it's like playing Where's Waldo. Enjoy.

Gredel21

Re: Brand new My Sweet Lord music video

Post by Gredel21 »

look for several cameo's from famous people
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Love the bit where the guy does the choreography from GMMSOY!
kieranjames

Post by kieranjames »

Am I the only one who thinks this video is absolutely awful and has absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of the song?
It was good to see Ringo and if it introduces George's music to a new generation that's a good thing. But I still think it's a terrible video. I'd have preferred to see remastered footage of George instead.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

kieranjames wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am Am I the only one who thinks this video is absolutely awful and has absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of the song?
It was good to see Ringo and if it introduces George's music to a new generation that's a good thing. But I still think it's a terrible video. I'd have preferred to see remastered footage of George instead.
I try not to complain about things and only share my positive opinions, but yeah I just didn't get it. Maybe it should have been for Wha-Wha but not My Sweet Lord. Even then, it just didn’t make sense. Oh well. At least they put it out in time to support the box set (oh wait….)
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

I liked the video, though I agree it´s got nothing to do with the song. Turned "My sweet Lord" into some background music only.

As a side note, I´m not very much into the introduction to younger audiences dogma. It´s just not enough to make things valid. This has become sort of the basis for every misguided job over the Beatles legacy. Thank God, when it was my turn at being the younger generation, I simply came across and old copy of the original "Help!" LP, and that did all the job.
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

that video is a waste of time and money

Mr Lance Bangs , gave no bangs for lots of bucks
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

From a UK viewpoint, I didn't recognise anyone in this utterly pointless video, except for Ringo. Perhaps I'm getting to old for all this new fangled reimagining.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/everybody ... ord-video/

"Making this was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life,” says Bangs. “The approach was to represent the song visually while these agents and inspectors kept missing the metaphysical wonder around them. Images are choreographed to the sounds of vocal melodies, guitar strums, drum patterns, chord changes. George threaded a sense of humor through all of his videos, so we kept that spirit and filled the cast with friends and admirers of his music, many coming from the current comedy landscape. I tracked down vintage prime lenses from some of the films George's HandMade Films had produced, and I hope that viewers can feel a sense of wonder and searching while they watch it, and that the song continues to add to all of our lives.”
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

Add me to the list of those who didn't get it.

Complete waste of whatever resources were used in the making of this video.
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!