The wonderful madness of the Get Back series

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Kwai Chang

Re: The wonderful madness of the Get Back series

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm I'm just throwing this out there......I felt that the "moment George leaves" was concocted...Can anybody point me to the proper nagra tape for this moment? And.....the "hidden microphone" conversation between John and Paul is also suspect...(in my non-professional opinion)
Editing is everything...
The George/Paul conflict is now much more than Let It Be ever alluded to.
KC
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm Can anybody point me to the proper nagra tape for this moment?
And.....the "hidden microphone" conversation between John and Paul is also suspect...(in my non-professional opinion)
George leaving is DDSI 10.49 (NBS 1969-01-10 052-053).
The Lunchroom tape is NBS 1969-01-13 046.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Excellent! I’ll take a proper listen.

Much appreciated
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Been watching more and more of the PJ movie much closer and trying to match the footage. Mostly I found the audio to be in order as reported by the audio footage (most complete released as A/B Road and New Blue Soap). I did find some creative editing and syncing with video but not completely out of context. (example - no Twick audio was synced with Apple video, vice versa). Areas where there was lots of footage working on 1 song, yes, there was some editing and syncing of video, but clothing did not change and it was pretty close.

PJ's series shows a lot MORE conversation dialog and I think for the reason he wanted to provide a more accurate timeline of the environment each day, specific subjects discussed, song discussions, planning and other incidents. Makes a more accurate accounting of the timeline. The original LIB movie runs so quick and shows only a few bits of dialogue..and the argument between Paul and George now might have been taken out of context. PJ presented that moment, but noticed how spread out it was as it did not happen all at once (Hogg heavily edits the argument between them).

I see what PJ was trying to do - and 90 minutes cannot truly define the real environment during that time period. The Fabs have not wanted that movie re-released for decades until someone came to them and said 'I reviewed all the footage and if you let remake a new presentation of it that can be shown today, I can best show what I believe to be an over all better environment' then that what the public and themselves saw on a 90min film and have ingrained in their heads for decades.

just my thoughts....loving this series!
Rickenbacker325

bobzilla wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:24 pm
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm Can anybody point me to the proper nagra tape for this moment?
And.....the "hidden microphone" conversation between John and Paul is also suspect...(in my non-professional opinion)
George leaving is DDSI 10.49 (NBS 1969-01-10 052-053).
The Lunchroom tape is NBS 1969-01-13 046.
I found the cafeteria bit...I stand corrected....Nagra roll number 132A

Do we know the specific roll or slate number for George leaving?

Thanks
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:34 am I found the cafeteria bit...I stand corrected....Nagra roll number 132A

Thanks
roll number 107B... about 15 minutes into the roll.

It's in volume 7 disc 2 of the Kum Back series that bobzilla shared the other day. Thank you, btw, bobzilla!

viewtopic.php?p=29921#p29921
Rickenbacker325

20YearsAgo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:30 am
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:34 am I found the cafeteria bit...I stand corrected....Nagra roll number 132A

Thanks
roll number 107B... about 15 minutes into the roll.

It's in volume 7 disc 2 of the Kum Back series that bobzilla shared the other day. Thank you, btw, bobzilla!

viewtopic.php?p=29921#p29921
Thanks! I enjoy being set straight on these things
kolive

Post by kolive »

Has anyone tried or succeeding in doing more that the first 2 1/2 min of the table that
started this thread?

I'm mostly curious in the ddsi numbers and ordering used in the series.

I realize its a momentous task, so I'm not surprised. Still curious.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

kolive wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:18 pm Has anyone tried or succeeding in doing more that the first 2 1/2 min of the table that
started this thread?

Fifty years adrift!
The longest cocktail party.
Has anyone seen Derek Taylor or Richard DiLello in any footage? That's strange that the Apple Press Officer missed the rooftop concert above his office. He must have gotten stuck in traffic(on the way up the stairs). Oh well, they weren't in Let It Be either. Can anybody recall ANY footage from Let It Be that was also in the 3-part series? I can't...but, I wasn't looking for any. But, it if there is none, then maybe that footage was lost, damaged, misplaced, stolen, or never came back from cropping. But, PJ says it's been restored. Thank God, Doug Sulpy had the conviction to start sorting Nagra tapes. The above list for the first 2 1/2 minutes of the the movie is deceiving. Such editing would be nearly impossible if done on film. But, it seems possible that digitized footage gets serialized in the process and allows for any clip to have a known location in the chronology. So it can be made into confetti and still be identified per edit. So, the verb 'reimagine' is the new action word. And it will affect everything it touches...history, audio, video, fiction, non-fiction, plot...and, more. So, thanks to Doug Sulpy, there will always be a known chronology of record. What will NEVER be known is which reimagined version is being watched...because the director will know where every frame was sourced from...but nobody else will.
KC
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:38 pm
kolive wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:18 pm Has anyone tried or succeeding in doing more that the first 2 1/2 min of the table that
started this thread?

Fifty years adrift!
The longest cocktail party.
Has anyone seen Derek Taylor or Richard DiLello in any footage? That's strange that the Apple Press Officer missed the rooftop concert above his office.
KC
Early on, you can see DiLello emerge onto the rooftop - his afro hair is the giveaway