Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Post by Lord Reith »

I think we will get a special 18 hour cut, but it will all be on 16mm film.

Kind of like the Christmas records on vinyl a few years ago. Loads of people bought them... not so many could actually play them. :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Hey that looks just like the Top Ten film I bought off Ebay! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

I've seen one that must have been directed by Fellini, 'cause it was definitely Top 8½...
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:13 am
zaval80 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:36 am I think it will proceed along the Anthology template.
You mean an initial release on VHS?
Not, but the tendency is obvious. Like, I bought the "Get Back" book, and there is QR code for something extra not in the book.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

For one thing. Disney is ruining our dream of watching more footage of GB. I blame it to Apple because wanting to make the movie with disney.
PJ is not guilty of anything except some bad editorial decisions like Rooftop inserts, street interruption and the 31 as an epilogue. PJ said if we can pressure Apple for an extended cut, we will get it. I do believe we should do something about it rn and make know Apple and Disney, what us, real hardcore fans want.

I know I appear suddenly, but I'm Debbie. A fan who is obsessed with the GB sessions and when I mean obsessed I mean really crazy. I've been obsessed with the fly on the wall stuff since I heard about it. I would be the most ideal person to watch and listen to the entire reels of video and audio. I helped Adambound a lot in his syncs,analyze the angles of the footage ,read ddsi a lot and I do constant listening on the tapes. Consider me the GB fan nº1.
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Buckle your seatbelts.

ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

zaval80 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:01 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:13 am
zaval80 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:36 am I think it will proceed along the Anthology template.
You mean an initial release on VHS?
Not, but the tendency is obvious. Like, I bought the "Get Back" book, and there is QR code for something extra not in the book.
The QR code just links to the official website.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

ExDalek wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:20 pm The QR code just links to the official website.
Oh :lol:
Beatles4Ever

Post by Beatles4Ever »

After what the Disney Execs did to Gina Carano.....they needed the Beatles to save their dying network. They lost so many subscribers over their woke politics that they needed something to get people to join. My guess is a lot of people subscribed in November to see "Get Back" stream live and then cancelled soon after. Most of those people were hardcore Beatles fans and we already knew this would end up on the internet within 24 hours of streaming....and it did.

As for any huge BD set coming....I wouldn't hold my breath.

While the series was great for the content we got, they managed to kill it with the rooftop concert which is the whole point of these sessions to begin with. We got treated to side by side by side thumbnail sized alternate footage rather than full screen concert goodness. We now know exactly what is in the vault and we will still never get to see it in it's uninterrupted glory.

The rooftop concert was the one thing we have been waiting for for decades and PJ dropped the ball on this one. The lack of full screen footage and the voice over content while the Beatles were playing should have been included as an extra....and not part of the main event. I was hoping we would see all of the Beatles come through the door onto the roof and that we would see everything that took place on the roof rather than taking particular interest in the goings on of the police and the people in the street. It's interesting in it's own right but the Beatles playing for the last time ever as a live group is the historically important point to this and the footage is in the cans.....we simply were not treated to the full content. Although watching John slip Yoko his bag of drugs on the rooftop before leaving the roof was something I was surprised they left in.

My last gripe is....why didn't we get Let It Be, The Long and Winding Road and Two Of Us performances that followed? Snippets of those performances were rolling during the credits. That made zero sense to me considering they were included in the original film.

Speaking of original film....there has been nothing reported on giving us the original movie remastered.
So what happens next with all of this footage. PJ and his crew are the only people to ever see the films in their entirety since they were canned 50 years ago.

We are the last generation of people who actually care about all of this stuff. The cash cow will eventually fade......there is no time like the present to grab the cash now or let all of this footage rot in a vault until it turns to dust. What a shame and a waste of such historical footage.