Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Tex

Re: Eventual DVD release Get Back Project ??????

Post by Tex »

For the extended version Disney will digitally replace Yoko with Jar Jar Binks because he's much less annoying.
Sid Burnsteen

Post by Sid Burnsteen »

Someone with a large following, perhaps a prominent podcaster, should be organizing an online petition!! We all want the same stuff - complete takes, rooftop sans interruption, Day 22, and the 18-hour cut. Hope someone's working on a letter to Bob Iger that we all have a chance to get behind!!
datters

Post by datters »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:37 am For the extended version Disney will digitally replace Yoko with Jar Jar Binks because he's much less annoying.
Bagism Plus.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:37 am For the extended version Disney will digitally replace Yoko with Jar Jar Binks because he's much less annoying.
:lol:

And there will be a special CGI Orson Welles inserted when MLH is talking about his dad. Orson will try to sell The Beatles a Nashua photocopier machine.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Hi All.
Inlight of Releases look how Apple dealt with the " Eight days a week " DVD release.
Im sure all of us expected the complete restored " Shea Stadium " footage that was in the Theatres to be released officially along with the DVD.
NOT

I wonder what Apple was waiting for ........

Im sure alot of Beatle fans did get the PJ Get Back project thru alternate sources ....
I'd be curious to see how much of the original " Let it be " 1970 will be edited out.
Thanks
Greg
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'm fairly confident the intitial bluray will be vanilla and any extended format will be saved for a re-issue. They want us to double dip. They might also be trying to hose down any rumours of there being an extended version in case some people decide to wait.

So my magic prediction is that they will issue the tv series as-is very soon and imply that is all we're getting, then wait till next Christmas and issue a bells and whistles version.

So I'm waiting till next Christmas!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 am Disney wants to maintain the streaming exclusivity for some time, so I wouldn't personally expect a Blu Ray for a couple months or longer.
Because it is all about money :roll:
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

A few are people saying they will wait for the bells and whistles version and not get the (as yet unconfirmed) vanilla release. But if no-one buys the vanilla one, and sales figures are poor, maybe they won't make the special/limited/ultimate/super deluxe edition.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

I think it will proceed along the Anthology template.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

zaval80 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:36 am I think it will proceed along the Anthology template.
You mean an initial release on VHS?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK