Get Back: Part 3 (Rooftop!) - thoughts and reviews

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Get Back: Part 3 (Rooftop!) - thoughts and reviews

Post by WilliamShears »

Part 3 comment thread…
billychildish

Re: Get Back: Part 3 (Rooftop!) - thoughts and reviews

Post by billychildish »

Maybe I should start watching this before I comment.....
Fred68

Post by Fred68 »

It was great, maybe not as good in total as part 2 (though the rooftop was compelling).

Question, does a stereo mix of Get Back (version 2) from the rooftop exist in the wild?
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

Dragged a bit more than the other episodes.

McCartney became very annoying in the build up.

They are fantastic on the roof. And they are enjoying it.

All in all, marvellous.
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

I saw someone got a bit teary during For You Blue in part 2.
I got a bit teary during the rooftop "Don't Let Me Down" when they showed 3 different shots of John across the screen. I surprised myself!
MCYC2021

Post by MCYC2021 »

What a great Episode! The Rooftop Concert coverage is incredible. Satisfaction guaranteed!
I used to run a blog ... http://mychaosandcreation.blogspot.com but I got tired 😳
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

Just finished watching. Great job from Peter Jackson. Congratulations! He managed to actually TELL the story! I also think it was a good choice of his to use the footage of the last day just for accompanying the end titles. The rooftop concert is too much of a climax to have it followed by more rehearsal and recording stuff - which we get to see plenty of in the hours leading up to it.

As for new audio: not a lot. "Love Me Do" complete (?) and in stereo (at the end of part 2) was one of the highlights for me.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Overall, I still maintain this series was the best thing that Apple/Beatles have given us since the breakup; but I can still nit-pick. I liked how the concert was presented within the context of the story with the people in the street and the cops, however, maybe as an extra on the bluray, I would like a "clean" copy of the rooftop without the interviews/cops. Also, as another extra, a complete oldies segment. BTW, where was the Buddy Holly stuff? How about a complete "House of the Rising Sun" or "Suzy" or more "Dig It"?

But, like I said, I am just nit-picking. Overall, it was great and I really don't care if the original "Let It Be" comes out or not.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Yoko vs. Heather: Best juxto ever!
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

beatlbay wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:45 pm Overall, I still maintain this series was the best thing that Apple/Beatles have given us since the breakup; but I can still nit-pick. I liked how the concert was presented within the context of the story with the people in the street and the cops, however, maybe as an extra on the bluray, I would like a "clean" copy of the rooftop without the interviews/cops. Also, as another extra, a complete oldies segment. BTW, where was the Buddy Holly stuff? How about a complete "House of the Rising Sun" or "Suzy" or more "Dig It"?

But, like I said, I am just nit-picking. Overall, it was great and I really don't care if the original "Let It Be" comes out or not.
I share all of your opinions…nitpick away….

Maybe even a multi angle/audio version of the roof would be good…if Disney thinks we deserve it…