Get Back movie audio - presented in 5.1 (and some ideas!)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
millerTEK

Get Back movie audio - presented in 5.1 (and some ideas!)

Post by millerTEK »

Looks like the mono NAGRA items have some surround applied to them using technology as their source is mainly mono. When 2 cameras were recording simultaneously at times, they would be able to sync a 2 channel mix and convert that to surround, too. Will analyze further.

NOW....When they do the second half of the sessions at Apple, I wonder if they will use a combination of NAGRA and Glyn Johns 8Track reels for the items he recorded onto multitrack. This will give those items a nicer surround mix working with 8 tracks from those reels.

EXCITING...We know Glyn recorded the majority of the Apple Rooftop Concert on multitrack (they ran lots of cabling) - so if they use his recordings instead of NAGRA during the songs, there should be an amazing stereo and surround mix of the full concert for the first time.

A PROJECT - So if one extracts the audio from the 3 episodes and burn CDs - there will be some nice CDs we can have to supplement our LIB box sets!
Including another bonus DVD of the Rooftop concert in surround!

looking forward to the task!

steve
BDJ

Re: Get Back movie audio - presented in 5.1 (and some ideas!)

Post by BDJ »

The audio on Disney+ is actually in ATMOS (7.1). So, even more tracks to rip!
MacaRock

Post by MacaRock »

I just really hope, that some of the folks here can do a rooftop mix with only the music y'know, removing the interviews, street noises and all that
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Yes it is ATMOS - so I'll have to find an ATMOS and 4K rip to put on a Bluray I guess, too.
Yes, I see how they filmed the concert - showing multi-camera point of view and interviews, etc...that can easily be edited out of an audio only release.

Overall I loved the series, and YES!....WILL BUY THE OFFICIAL RELEASE when it is released in time.
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

Is there a way of having the rooftop gig without the interviews and other audio from the streets?
Like is there something that can be done with the surround sound or atmos that can remove the non performance audio?
The mix sounds so much better than the bootlegs we’ve had for years so I’d love a clean version without the talking.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I thought about it - I know if I extract the audio to stereo - I can easily edit it. But editing a surround version would be more complicated as each extracted channel has to be edited first at the exact timestamps before re-compiling to surround again. Something like that - I'll look into it, but I have to see if the surround mixes are just faked with some spectral tools (obviously the mono NAGRA ones did not have more then 1 or 2 channels). But the rooftop concert and other items at Apple were recorded on 8track - so if I hear more discrete separations really well , then it will be worth it as the multi-track sources were used
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Faasoft audio converter can do multichannel editing, but only at one second intervals
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

There's very few complete songs in the series though. Nearly all just snippets.

I really hope that the eventual bluray special edition (after they've milked us for the vanilla bluray edition) in perhaps Christmas '22 will have an extra disc or two with complete versions of some of the best songs. We NEED all of New Orleans. They used to play this in 1961... what a rave up it must have been!
beatlesyoshi

Post by beatlesyoshi »

sounded like at least the nagra audio of them performing and rehearsing has been made into stereo using MAL, not sure about dialogue though
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

I hope the Blu-Ray/DVD Editions have more complete versions,
making me wonder if the snippets were edits for Disney Special,
to entice buyers for the Video set?
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts