Get Back movie audio - presented in 5.1 (and some ideas!)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
MrMurphMcgee

Re: Get Back movie audio - presented in 5.1 (and some ideas!)

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

jpgrcat wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am I hope the Blu-Ray/DVD Editions have more complete versions,
making me wonder if the snippets were edits for Disney Special,
to entice buyers for the Video set?
I think what you see if what Jackson intended. No one made him edit anything. He knew the door to the vault would close after this so he tried to present as much variety as he could.
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

BDJ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:52 am The audio on Disney+ is actually in ATMOS (7.1). So, even more tracks to rip!
Do you think it is better there? Cause I do not hear any difference between them. It is only marketing
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:48 am
BDJ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:52 am The audio on Disney+ is actually in ATMOS (7.1). So, even more tracks to rip!
Do you think it is better there? Cause I do not hear any difference between them. It is only marketing
The short answer is: I don't know. I've examined the 5.1 Surround mix, and find that very little has been done to it. Basically, the surround channels are the same as the stereo channels, with some reverb (and some delay) added to them. Even the central front channel is a mixture of the stereo front channels, and not isolated vocals.

Since so little attention has been given to the 5-1 mix. I doubt very much that the 7.1 Atmos mix would fare any better. But I add that I haven't seen the isolated tracks from the 7.1 Atmos mix (anyone ;) ) yet, so it remains a guess.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The surround mix is very like Giles in that there is almost no separation. It's like a very narrow stereo mix with a bit of reverb at the back.

I wonder if they deliberately spoilt the rooftop audio with the interviews to stop people like us ripping the audio for our own listening pleasure? Hang on, what am I talking about? Of course they did!

Not too confident we'll ever get the uninterrupted rooftop now, let alone LIB without being cropped to 16:9
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

However, one could replace the talking bits with demixed stereo audio from the Nagras. So there! :P
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:46 am However, one could replace the talking bits with demixed stereo audio from the Nagras. So there! :P
I was hoping you’d say that! 😎
—Keith
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

BDJ wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:12 am
Oleg Vostyakov wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:48 am
The short answer is: I don't know. I've examined the 5.1 Surround mix, and find that very little has been done to it. Basically, the surround channels are the same as the stereo channels, with some reverb (and some delay) added to them. Even the central front channel is a mixture of the stereo front channels, and not isolated vocals.

Since so little attention has been given to the 5-1 mix. I doubt very much that the 7.1 Atmos mix would fare any better. But I add that I haven't seen the isolated tracks from the 7.1 Atmos mix (anyone ;) ) yet, so it remains a guess.
I still think that Atmos will be better :roll:
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition