Get Back: Part 1 - thoughts and reviews

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
CooperCat

Re: Get Back: Part 1 - thoughts and reviews

Post by CooperCat »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 am
CooperCat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 amPaul and George getting into it a bit with the Hey Jude guitar bit
I believe that's what we always assumed but 1) that was an entirely separate session and 2) in this larger context it seems they were having issues about how to play one of John's songs.
Yea, I'm just saying some conflict was starting to show between Paul and George and also with Paul and John.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Hi All

Hopefully for all who didnt see it - the whole documentary will be released uncut with bonus footage on DVD/Blu-ray next year
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 am I enjoyed this quite a lot, and it was a great experience. However, as a big Beatleg enthusiast, the false syncs in the film got so distracting. Pretty much everytime I new segment came up I was just asking myself "Is this the actual audio or is it another false dub?"

I understand Jackson wants this to be more cinematic, but sometimes the editing is so manic and awkward. Couldn't he have just made a shorter film but with correct syncs?
Working on fixing that right now.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:15 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:37 am I enjoyed this quite a lot, and it was a great experience. However, as a big Beatleg enthusiast, the false syncs in the film got so distracting. Pretty much everytime I new segment came up I was just asking myself "Is this the actual audio or is it another false dub?"

I understand Jackson wants this to be more cinematic, but sometimes the editing is so manic and awkward. Couldn't he have just made a shorter film but with correct syncs?
Good luck man, it could take months.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Watching it a second time with my son right now. Peter Jackson has redeemed himself for that 3rd Hobbit film. I can't wait for Part 2.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:15 am

AdamBound, you are a legend. I love your work and look forward to your take on this.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

What I did realise is how appalling they are at asking or describing what they want.

Also why on earth would you not write out chord charts before going in?

Their enthusiasm is all over the place. They are incredibly patient with everyone. I think I'd be telling MLH to bog off quite quickly.

I loved it but I'd happily watch The Beatles all day.

Considering what there was/is available this is a goldmine so far and looks and sounds great.

Get back genesis was jaw dropping
peerke

Post by peerke »

Gredel21 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:40 am Hi All

Hopefully for all who didnt see it - the whole documentary will be released uncut with bonus footage on DVD/Blu-ray next year
Eight hours and stille there's bonus footage wanted/needed?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I have been reading some of the fan opinions on SHF throughout the day and am amused that some actual fans are saying that it should have been aimed more at the casual viewer. What?! Pardon me, but f**ck the casual viewer! We've had every Beatles project in living memory compromised by "the casual buyer". Finally, we have gotten our day in the sun, with these faceless entities finally given second place to us true fanatics. Water down our 8 hours so that they can slip it in between episodes of manalorian? No way! They can bloody well watch the entire eight hours! And if they don't like it, we'll force them to watch it over and over again until they do! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:38 am I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I have been reading some of the fan opinions on SHF throughout the day and am amused that some actual fans are saying that it should have been aimed more at the casual viewer. What?! Pardon me, but f**ck the casual viewer! We've had every Beatles project in living memory compromised by "the casual buyer". Finally, we have gotten our day in the sun, with these faceless entities finally given second place to us true fanatics. Water down our 8 hours so that they can slip it in between episodes of manalorian? No way! They can bloody well watch the entire eight hours! And if they don't like it, we'll force them to watch it over and over again until they do! :lol:
Too right!!