Lewisohn's "Tune In" extended?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lon Chaney III

Re: Lewisohn's "Tune In" extended?

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 am I can understand his predicament, because he's probably getting a constant influx of new material and facts which necessitates a rewrite of some sections. I feel this way when I'm doing my big projects, and there comes a point where you've just got to draw a line.

Who was it that said "great works of art are never completed, they are just abandoned"?
I like that 'art' quote, it's quite brilliant.

You're probably right about Lewisohn's predicament and I hope you're right. My concern has been that it's become low on his list of priorities these days, so as I say, I do hope you're right Lord.
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

innergroove wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 pm I've been listening to audio book of what I presume is the extended version (plenty of stuff about their ancestors etc).
I have both the audio book and the extended version, and the audio book is not the extended version.
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

fabwill wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 pm
innergroove wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 pm I've been listening to audio book of what I presume is the extended version (plenty of stuff about their ancestors etc).
I have both the audio book and the extended version, and the audio book is not the extended version.
There is an audiobook of the extended version.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm There is an audiobook of the extended version.
Is it an official release? Because I haven't seen it. Can you provide a link? I would love to have a copy.
Tex

Post by Tex »

I bought volume 1 and got one chapter in and gave up and gave it to another Beatles fan. Too much to absorb. :lol:
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

bobzilla wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:38 pm
FestVideoRoom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm There is an audiobook of the extended version.
Is it an official release? Because I haven't seen it. Can you provide a link? I would love to have a copy.
+1 for this - I'd be very happy to pay for this if it exists, but I have always been under the impression that the audio book is not the extended version, and my copy certainly isn't.
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

FestVideoRoom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm
fabwill wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 pm
There is an audiobook of the extended version.
Can You Prove It, Please?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

There is? Where can I get it from?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 am
Is the unabridged version on itunes the extended version?
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

miggynav wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:05 am
Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 am
Is the unabridged version on itunes the extended version?
The unabridged itunes version shows up for me as 43 hours, 41 minutes, which is 1 minute longer than both the 'non-unabridged' itunes version (which retails for £1 less), and the Audible one that I have (thanks to Lord R) - both of which are 43 hours, 40 minutes. The extended book would take a lot longer than an extra minute to read, so this isn't it. I guess you could have your phone read the extended version to you in its Dalek voice, but 80 hours or so of that might grate just a bit.