Black Apple Inner Sleeves

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Yellowwhale456

Black Apple Inner Sleeves

Post by Yellowwhale456 »

The original issue of The Beatles White Album, had black paper inner sleeves. My question is, did any other Apple Records artists, have the same black sleeves for their albums. I'm having a healthy debate with my long time friend of 60 years, he says yes, I say no. Can someone give us the definitive answer, so that my mate and I can move onto another fun filled Beatle discussion. Cheers
Rickenbacker325

Re: Black Apple Inner Sleeves

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

I know offhand that the first Apple releases did in fact have them…such as the Jackie Lomax LP..Yellow Submarine and Abbey Road also had black inner sleeves. I own several copies of the White Album from foreign lands that also featured black inners
kingkenneth 2

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

i think it was a case of some did some didn't. i have most of the original run of apple LPs and some have the black inners, but some have white inners with apple wording at the bottom. hope this helps.
Rickenbacker325

I also believe a lot of them didn’t survive…I have a few that are an absolute mess and are falling apart
kingkenneth 2

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:03 pm I also believe a lot of them didn’t survive…I have a few that are an absolute mess and are falling apart
definitely , some of the black inner sleeves i have are so thin that they tear very easily.
Yellowwhale456

Post by Yellowwhale456 »

Thank you to kingkenneth 2 and rickenbacker325 for responding, very useful information, much appreciated.
take care wherever you are. Cheers
Rickenbacker325

My pleasure…a rather obscure yet interesting topic…