Get Back-Official Clip

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Rickenbacker325

Get Back-Official Clip

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

I’m sure most of us have seen this…very nice indeed I must say

Last edited by Rickenbacker325 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Muckle

Re: Get Back-Offical Clip

Post by Mr Muckle »

They look like they are made of candy...where's the grain? It's Phil Spector all over again in my humble opinion (and I watched it on Disney+ where it should look it's best). Gonna be a real mixed bag for me...why not let film look like film?
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I just cannot wait to see the whole thing. It's so clear I could see 1 single strand of hair on George's head! Just makes me sad that I had a Beatle fan mate who I knew since I was about 15 (I'm 51 now) who would have been as excited as I am about this and Apple left it so long that he is now no longer around to watch it. Motor Nurone Disease got him in 2015.

Just watching 1 and half minutes of brand new footage made me all emotional. God knows what watching the whole thing will do to me.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Rickenbacker325

Re: Get Back-Official Clip

I’m not particularly thrilled with the whole 16X9 thing…there’s an obsession these days like colorizing WWII footage. But nevertheless(Rutles!) I’m anxiously awaiting this thing and really look forward to immersing myself in it all. We have to find the 17 hour version! Somebody get cracking on that one…
Eric_Manchester

Post by Eric_Manchester »

Yes, I would have preferred to see it in the 4x3 TV ratio that was intended when it was shot. That was one of the unfortunate issues with the LET IT BE movie. They recomposed all the shots to fit a 1.85 aspect ratio, and some don't work well that way. I'd hoped we were sophisticated enough now to be able to have the project done 4x3, but I assume people would think something was missing on their wide-screen TVs if the image didn't fill it side-to-side. (The joke being that by filling the 16x9 screen, they are missing some of the image that was intended to be seen.)

And just to note, the earlier trailer and this clip are 1.85, which I assume is a remant of the planned theatrical release. On a 16x9 TV, there will be a very slight letterboxing of the image.
Rickenbacker325

Eric_Manchester

Post by Eric_Manchester »

Thanks! I'll have to watch that.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Mr Muckle wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm They look like they are made of candy...where's the grain?
My thoughts exactly. They smoothed the footage waaaaaaay too much. Plastic Paul, man, Plastic Paul!
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

and don't forget tonight on 60 minutes they air a special on the new Get Back special
Rickenbacker325