Memories of Let It Be

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
MrMurphMcgee

Memories of Let It Be

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Let’s get nostolgic.

Do any of you remember the first time you heard Let It Be, or saw the film?
I remember both events well. It was 1981 and I was 15 and my school library had a copy of Let It Be available. I owned only Beatles three albums at point, the Red and Blue collections, and the White Album. The first thing I noticed was the red apple. Right around that time, maybe before, or maybe after, the Cinemax network aired Let It Be. My sister' fiancée at the time gave me an old VCR that played a weird format tape. Big giant tapes.

I used it to record the film so it technically became my first Beatleg really.
yymca6

Re: Memories of Let It Be

Post by yymca6 »

The first time I heard Let it Be was when i bought the Gat Back To Toronto Beatleg.

Then I bought the official copy, the package that included the book.

And I saw the movie in a movie theatre here in Montréal a few days after its first showing. I was very disappointed with the image quality, especially after seeing the Woodstock movie.
Yves
Sid Burnsteen

Re: Memories of Let It Be

Post by Sid Burnsteen »

Here in Toronto, I was there opening night (2nd show) thanks to a friend who won tickets by lining up at a radio station (during school hours!). We sat in the front row and yes it was grainy. First time hearing the song must've been when Ed Sullivan previewed LIB and TOU during the Beatles Songbook special at time of release. This ended my eventful first year of high school (age 14), which had begun with being at Live Peace (age 13).