The Beatles Get Back Official Trailer Disney+

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
zaval80

Re: The Beatles Get Back Official Trailer Disney+

Post by zaval80 »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm It just makes me wonder now, while I'm reading the book, if that was what was actually said or someone's approximation. I don't want to read someone else's guess. I want to read what was actually said.
It seems it must be an extremely hard work, accurate transcription of speech. For example, I always had a profound interest in the actual lyrics on the records by the Doors, say the classic studio albums with Jim Morrison. I have bought fan-published books with transcriptions which give more than the officially-sanctioned sources, likewise found the Web sites where certain huge fans of the band provide theirs. But still I can't point to a single source which has it, say, 99% right. In the end, I had to transcribe them myself, and I am not a native speaker.

And the task of transcribing studio chit-chat is so much more complex than in the case of what is sung by a singer on well-known studio recordings. In another example, I work on assembling the complete run of the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations" sessions - more than 3 hours of studio takes and chit-chat. A guy did a partial transcription of Brian Wilson talk on the tapes, but it is incomplete, and likewise, I was able to make it a bit better in certain instances. All I can say it takes lot of time and effort, and obviously the capability of a transcriber. And if there is a deadline to a project, like with GB book, it can be expected that the end results would not be 100% true.

There is another obstacle - low qualification of workers. I have a book where the author, it seems, dictated the text to tape, and whoever transcribed the tape was just clueless about the names of rather prominent people mentioned by him - it was hysterical, reading these approximations while knowing full well what the author meant. Hopefully there's none of this in GB book.
Doug

Post by Doug »

"The Beatles have less than three weeks to write and record a new album."

Nonsense.
Sid Burnsteen

Post by Sid Burnsteen »

Nonsense, but they did it anyway!

Let's hope the subtitles are close to accurate.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

This looks amazing! Very excited!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I liked it!

We are getting 6 hours more footage for the 50th anniversary - The Twick footage restored video, and being able to restore that Nagra audio is going to amazing - especially if this is released in surround sound. Same for Apple footage, and you'll get even better audio with syncing the Glyn Johns 8track recordings he made at various times into the video as well. Lots of good stuff happening.

I can't wait to extract the remastered audio and improve my NAGRA audio collections - hoping none of this is repeated on the LIB Boxed Set.

later,

steve
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Seeing the trailer and holding the book has me rethinking the shortcomings of the Let It Be deluxe set (of which I bought the vinyl). It’s all one package and it’s pretty great. Only in my wildest dreams stuff.
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

I have to say if the trailer is anything like the finished movie, I will be TERRIBLY disappointed if they show it in this aspect ratio.
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

History really needs this, there's a reason a good copy of the "Let it Be" movie has always been hard to find...noboby's interested in it, it's just depressing and only saved by the fact that it's The Beatles.

Obviously I have no idea how the finished product will come across as a whole but it's just got to be better than what we have and they have already highlighted the fun element of the project.

We've even got 'The Man Who Gave the Beatles Away' Image
Last edited by Choking Smoker on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocBeaulieu

Post by DocBeaulieu »

McCartney 1, 2, 3 had me on the brink of tears multiple times. Get Back is going to reduce me to a quivering blob.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

billychildish wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:23 am I have to say if the trailer is anything like the finished movie, I will be TERRIBLY disappointed if they show it in this aspect ratio.
It is almost certainly in widescreen yes.

That's not ideal I suppose, but undoubtedly he's carefully framed each shot so that it's not noticeable. Also I imagine they would pan and scan across the image within each shot rather than having a fixed frame.

In the end I don't really care because I'm sure the whole thing will be supremely entertaining and moving. They often sound low key on the tapes but audio is like texting - you're missing out on the facial expressions of the people. Seeing them as they speak will cast a new light on it. Also having the film properly processed at last will dispense with that gloomy, lowres look it's always had.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene