Let It Be Official Announcement

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Let It Be Official Announcement

Post by WilliamShears »

Preview songs:

moptophugger

Re: Let It Be Official Announcement

Post by moptophugger »

Let It Be has reverb on it and For You Blue starts as the Glynn John's version but it turns into the 1970 mix, extremely dissapointing.
snrub

Post by snrub »

I'm surprised they didn't fix the bum piano chord during the "and when the night is cloudy" verse like they did on LIBN.

I've also always found it amusing that after being told not to play guitar lines on Hello Goodbye, Hey Jude and Two of Us, George's guitar practically drowns out Paul's vocal at the end of the song.
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

WilliamShears wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:43 pm
I was pretty excited about finally getting an official remaster of the Get Back album, so seeing a track from the album as an advanced track got me really enthusiastic... until I heard it.
First thing first, we can hear the longer intro with two false starts, which is indeed in the original 1969 mix.
But then, when John shouts "Quiet please!", not only it has more reverb than the original 1969 mix, but we can hear some conversation in the right channel more prominently, and some whispering in stereo until the song start. This comes from the 1970 Glyn Johns Mix. These chatters are more buried in the 1969 Mix.
Then the song starts, and George starts to sing: That's the 1970 vocal take. In fact, most of the track isn't the "1969 Glyn Johns Mix" but the "1970 Glyn Johns Mix". It features both the original vocal take and the 1970 vocal take, and has more reverb than the original 1969 mix.

This is what they did: they took the 1969 Glyn Johns Mix intro (false starts and chat) and tagged it to the 1970 Glyn Johns Mix before John shouts "Quiet please!". At that point, the rest of the track is the 1970 Glyn Johns Mix.

In case you're lost, this might speaks more:
2021 For You Blue.png
2021 For You Blue.png (33.56 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
Tex

Post by Tex »

I think its possible this edit was actually done in 1970 so that the 1969 master also incorporated the improved vocal.

The copies we have of the original 1969 master would predate any changes done in 1970.
Last edited by Tex on Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Hi guys. I don't deny that I was a little disappointed with this Let It Be box.
They also don't say anything about having a release of the original movie remastered or whether the documentary Get Back will come out in the physical media.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Listening to this "Let it be" remix what I wander the most is... Why?

Sorry. Maybe I´m a bad listener, but I don´t see the point.

Production controversies aside, "Let it be", like the "White album" and "Abbey Road", has always sounded great. Why make a remix to sound the same way? I get the 2000 "Imagine", because the original never sounded good, or even the stripped "Double fantasy", which at least brought a new sound, but this... Why? Only nuances, and sometimes questionable nuances at that...

Apart from justifying a "NEW! 2021 remix!" sticker on the package.

"Don´t let me down" and "For you blue" do sound good, though, but sill on the nuance area.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Wow! I was really expecting bigger thinking from the marketing department.
I was hoping that each album would be marketed separately in respective deluxe editions.
After fifty years of separation between the two, it seems odd to just put everything under the Let It Be heading.
Perhaps there is NOTHING left over from Phil Spector's efforts to justify a deluxe version of Let It Be in this context.
It will be interesting to see if there is any overlap in the film version(s) of this material.
So it seems the 'get back' concept will be diluted even further. That's alright since I don't think there was ever a twin track recording machine involved in the mayhem.
Thank you, WilliamShears.
KC
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

The vinyl box set looks very good in my opinion and the E.P makes a lot more sense in this format plus I understand the albums will be 180g vinyl.
However, the CD set is useless. The 4 track 5 th disc makes no logical sense whatsoever and I would be very surprised if any of the other discs have a playing time of more than 40 minutes. It’s a waste of card and plastic in my opinion. The only thing that may be of interest are the 5.1 mixes on the Blu-ray.
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

Yep...quite right Andy....but I'm still buying 'em