Let It Be Official Announcement

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
csnyfan

Re: Let It Be Official Announcement

Post by csnyfan »

lordsnooty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:02 pm
Jay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:46 pm Just listened to the Glyn Johns mix of "I Me Mine" from the new box again, and something is seriously wrong. There's nasty digital artifacts all over the track. Sounds like someone took a low bitrate MP3 and applied EQ to it to make it sound livelier, then saved the result as MP3 again. Am I really the only one hearing this?
You're not. They're almost definitely transferring audio from the acetates. The "I Me Mine" track source is the same on the PurpleChick Let it Be collection (disc 4, track 22 -- listed as "Acetate 4"), minus the distortion and hiss. The nerds over at Hoffman forums confirmed it's the same source between the two tracks. The distortion on the new box set master is because the acetate was probably played a bunch, and because acetate discs continuously break down over time.
Wrong. If you quote me from shf, then please get the correct facts.

The official version is based on the same analog to digital transfer as the purple chick track, but has been processed to ADD the noise we hear. Totally unbelievable, but true.
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

They always give shit to us, Penny Lane Acetate Mix, Goodbye Demo, and this!
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Here's the bootleg source for I Me Mine matched in speed, EQ, loudness, panning and length to the 2021 release.
hxxps://we.tl/t-CqJh7hdmKF
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

csnyfan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Jay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:46 pm Just listened to the Glyn Johns mix of "I Me Mine" from the new box again, and something is seriously wrong. There's nasty digital artifacts all over the track. Sounds like someone took a low bitrate MP3 and applied EQ to it to make it sound livelier, then saved the result as MP3 again. Am I really the only one hearing this?
You're not. They're almost definitely transferring audio from the acetates. The "I Me Mine" track source is the same on the PurpleChick Let it Be collection (disc 4, track 22 -- listed as "Acetate 4"), minus the distortion and hiss. The nerds over at Hoffman forums confirmed it's the same source between the two tracks. The distortion on the new box set master is because the acetate was probably played a bunch, and because acetate discs continuously break down over time.

The official version is based on the same analog to digital transfer as the purple chick track, but has been processed to ADD the noise we hear. Totally unbelievable, but true.
Of course, I believe you, csnyfan--but how did you find out about the deliberate processing? Was it in an interview or something? It seems like an insane thing to do, but as with Penny Lane and Goodbye, it's true they have done this to us before. I'm not even that picky about sound quality, but this IMM truly sounds awful.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

blackbird wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:35 am They always give shit to us, Penny Lane Acetate Mix, Goodbye Demo, and this!
I just don’t get this. For every misstep there’s been some great stuff on the deluxe editions. Hell, they've been some of the most listened to discs I have. Wonderful stuff. They don’t always give us “shit”.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Onkster II wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:02 pm
csnyfan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Of course, I believe you, csnyfan--but how did you find out about the deliberate processing? Was it in an interview or something? It seems like an insane thing to do, but as with Penny Lane and Goodbye, it's true they have done this to us before. I'm not even that picky about sound quality, but this IMM truly sounds awful.
Since we have the exact same raw source that they used and the artifacts are not on that, they must've added them during their 'restoration'. What I think happened is the person who did the restoration has very limited hearing ability above 8kHz and it seemed to them to be crisper sounding with the artifacts added.
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

jpgrcat wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:42 pm Let It Be 50th anniversary Limited Edition Picture Disc!

hxxps://shop.abbeyroad.com/*/*/Let-It-Be-Special-Edition-LP-Picture-Disc/73Z10000000

Just ordered it, earlier today
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Did they really add noise and distortion to I Me Mine? :shock:

Not listened to it, but I may have to skip that track when I get the set. :roll:
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Very nice article about the new film, book and Deluxe Edition.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... er-jackson
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Track06 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 pm Here's the bootleg source for I Me Mine matched in speed, EQ, loudness, panning and length to the 2021 release.
hxxps://we.tl/t-CqJh7hdmKF
Hi! Is there someone who can repost this track? I'd love to hear it! :) Thanks in advance.