ALL THINGS MUST PASS 50TH- WHATS NEW?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
mikec

Re: ALL THINGS MUST PASS 50TH- WHATS NEW?

Post by mikec »

craigwill1982 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:24 pm Thank you Mike.

Does anyone have any information on the main take of I Live For You re: the recording date?
Thanks! We don't have much on that cause the studio version was not included, here is what I have. I Live For You- recorded June 9 & 10. Final Take marked "Best" was number 32.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Rondordrecht193 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:26 pm a BIG thank you Mike!! :D
Thank you!!
mikec

Post by mikec »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:51 am Thank you, Mikec. Did you get all those dates for Disc 5 from the updated "Eight Arms to Hold You" by Chip Madinger and Mark Easter, or is it your own research?
Regards my friend, of course not; not all the final take numbers used for the masters are listed on the updated version and you do can read them in my review (and I didn't publish the rest of the songs from the album cause we didn't get more outtakes!! a real shame!), neither all the recording dates and also neither the session players for each track.
Own research and also using some internal memo provided by the Harrison Estate that came a few months back which didn't make the final cut of the book as we now can see.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

mikec wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:39 am Own research and also using some internal memo provided by the Harrison Estate that came a few months back which didn't make the final cut of the book as we now can see.
What is that?
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

do you think that it is Eric Clapton on "Hear Me Lord" (studio alternate long take) ? somehow it reminds me the melody of While My Guitar guitar solo, except that the guitar tone is totally different (probably a Fender); but to my ears it could be George too...
so, what's the verdict ?
mikec

Post by mikec »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:06 am do you think that it is Eric Clapton on "Hear Me Lord" (studio alternate long take) ? somehow it reminds me the melody of While My Guitar guitar solo, except that the guitar tone is totally different (probably a Fender); but to my ears it could be George too...
so, what's the verdict ?
Well, he is listed as part of this session and for this particular outtake as well:
Vocals & Guitar: George Harrison/ Guitar: Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton/ Keyboards: Billy Preston, Bobby Whitlock/ Drums: Jim Gordon, Alan White/ Bass Guitar: Klaus Voormann & Carl Radle.
wardo

Post by wardo »

Just a bump in case someone came across a PDF of the recording notes from the Uber box...?
FabFourrr

Post by FabFourrr »

Thank you Mikec 8-)
wardo

Post by wardo »

wardo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:50 pm Just a bump in case someone came across a PDF of the recording notes from the Uber box...?
you never know...
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

@mikec - interesting info at the start of this thread but please are you able to say where the personnel listings come from on the outtake material? Some of them I find pretty hard to accept, so I'd be interested to know how official this info is, and whether the listings are reliable. Are you able to advise at all? Cheers :)