ALL THINGS MUST PASS 50TH- WHATS NEW?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
dascottjr

Re: ALL THINGS MUST PASS 50TH- WHATS NEW?

Post by dascottjr »

Wonsaponatime wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm Thank you for the great analysis!

Overall, I'm satisfied with the remix of this album.
However, the mixing error in the interlude of "Isn't It A Pity (version 2)" (2:18) is regrettable.
Oh no! It sounded good on first listen, but now that you've pointed it out, I can't unhear it! Disgraceful!!!!!
skynet

Post by skynet »

Mike

As i said on your review of the POB Release, always a pleasure to read your analysis :)
jspaceman

Post by jspaceman »

Mike, another very informative analysis. Thank you for posting.
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

mikec wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:46 pm GEORGE HARRISON: ALL THINGS MUST PASS 50TH- AUDIO DELUXE EDITION. WHAT’S NEW?
By Mike Carrera.
Awaiting On You All (Demo Take 1)
Already officially available in 'Early Takes Vol. 1' with a longer duration at the beginning (nine seconds), including studio talk and the announcement of the take, as well as the end (four additional seconds) where it is possible to hear Ringo and George talking and laughing. Early Takes 2:39 vs 2021 Mix 2:26

My Sweet Lord (Demo Take 1) PARTIALLY NEW
This demo had been officially released on 'Early Takes Vol. 1' at a slightly different speed; and although it includes additional dialogue at the beginning that has been eliminated in the 2021 mix, it is not possible to hear the end as there is a fade out, contrary to the new mix that does include it. To have the complete demo it is necessary to use both sources. Early Takes: 3:31 vs 2021 Mix: 3:18
Note that:
- In Early Takes Vol. 1, Awaiting On You All is slightly edited here and there in order to remove some slight mistakes, so the 50th Anniversary mix is more truthful tho it's missing some studio talk at the beginning;
- In Early Takes Vol. 1, the ending of My Sweet Lord was also re-edited to make a loop and fades out, while the 50th Anniversary mix is the full length take unedited.

Also, George's cough in Window Window Day 2 Demo (*cough* "She looked after me...") was masterfully removed. Incredibly well done, but not historically truthful.
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
maul

Post by maul »

Thousand thanks Mike 🙏🙏🙏 , great and impeccable job, as always 8-)

Just yesterday I began to 'examine' ATMP 50 and I was wondering "where is Mike Carrera review? I’m not really gonna have to go through this all by myself?" :D
you not only saved the day, but you also saved me at least two days of work 😩 and moreover with a precision in details and references I could never reach

Thanks again 👍👍👍
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

That´s a very usueful reference! Thank you!
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

maul wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 am Thousand thanks Mike 🙏🙏🙏 , great and impeccable job, as always 8-)

Just yesterday I began to 'examine' ATMP 50 and I was wondering "where is Mike Carrera review? I’m not really gonna have to go through this all by myself?" :D
you not only saved the day, but you also saved me at least two days of work 😩 and moreover with a precision in details and references I could never reach

Thanks again 👍👍👍
I can't wait for your new and updated PDF file.
mikec

Post by mikec »

moptophugger wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:08 pm Thanks for the info!
Thanks!
mikec

Post by mikec »

Conrad wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:19 pm Thank you Mikec for this information so careful ...!
Thank you
mikec

Post by mikec »

Wonsaponatime wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm Thank you for the great analysis!

Overall, I'm satisfied with the remix of this album.
However, the mixing error in the interlude of "Isn't It A Pity (version 2)" (2:18) is regrettable.
Thank you, yeah! I agree!