Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Fun 4 None

Re: Get Back on Blu-ray + DVD

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:14 am We're really flying blind with this one. There's just no way of knowing what will happen. On one hand, we've got PJ saying that he extended the tv series to 8 hours because Disney execs told him that no-one buys extended editions any more. Indeed, it has been 20 years since PJ issued his extended cuts of the LOTR trilogy, and physical media sales have plummeted since then. So might they really just not bother? One would assume that Joe Public would have little interest in a bells and whistles version, so we are left with the question "are there sufficient Beatles nerds left in 2022 to make such a release commercially viable?" It costs a lot of money to release physical media, promote it and distribute it. Disney/Apple might not want to chance on something with potentially quite a slim profit margin.

On the other hand, we could assume that this vanilla set is specially for the anti-streamers and to foil the opportunistic pirates. And that they are beavering away on a ten-disc version and keeping sthum about it in case it kills sales of this version. The only trouble is, I feel like I'm kidding myself when i say that. If we've learnt one thing over the years, it's that Apple's decisions are nonsensical and bear no relation to what the fans want. The Christmas flexis box set was a good example: basically something only a tiny subset of a subset wanted, while the rest of us were clamouring for Shea on bluray. So it would be no surprise to me whatsoever if they just said, "Oh that's enough of that, let's move onto a limited vinyl re-pressing of A Collection Of Beatles Oldies".

As usual, I hope I am wrong. But the longer it drags on, the increasingly less likely it is that we'll get anything else, even Let It Be.
I'm not really suprised Apple went cheap, I just can't believe they didn't even give us a making-of featurette. I mean how cheap is that? I noticed the line "own it forever" in the description on the Beatles Store. That might hint to this being more catered to anti-streamers.
Also you're so right about the Beatles Christmas Record haha. Apple basically said "Remastered concerts who?"
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 amApple basically said "Remastered concerts who?"
There's that legendary incident, when prior to 1+ coming out two big Beatles fans were brought in by Apple as consultants. "What do you think we should release?" "Well, how about a video collection of all their promo videos?"

Their response: "Huh?? Who would want to buy THAT?!"

I'm sure they still think the same thing about Shea. And why the Washington concert is thrown away on iTunes for a couple of bucks. Even the most unknowledgable fan would be able to tell you in an instant that either of those would be instant must-haves on bluray.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am I'm not really suprised Apple went cheap,
I don't even see the Apple logo anywhere on the Get Back promotional items.
If there's a soundtrack...will it be on Apple?
Spooky stuff!
KC
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:52 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 amApple basically said "Remastered concerts who?"
There's that legendary incident, when prior to 1+ coming out two big Beatles fans were brought in by Apple as consultants. "What do you think we should release?" "Well, how about a video collection of all their promo videos?"

Their response: "Huh?? Who would want to buy THAT?!"

I'm sure they still think the same thing about Shea. And why the Washington concert is thrown away on iTunes for a couple of bucks. Even the most unknowledgable fan would be able to tell you in an instant that either of those would be instant must-haves on bluray.
I've tried my best to preserve Shea. I dug up a lot of stuff.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Kwai Chang wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am I'm not really suprised Apple went cheap,
I don't even see the Apple logo anywhere on the Get Back promotional items.
If there's a soundtrack...will it be on Apple?
Spooky stuff!
KC
Apple Corps, owners of the Beatles video catalog. Not Apple Computers
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:49 pm Apple Corps, owners of the Beatles video catalog. Not Apple Computers
I'm talking about a corporate logo of the company that occupied the building during the rooftop concert.
I was wondering why there's no APPLE logo on the posters/adverts for Get Back series OR for The Rooftop Concert. In 1970, if it said United Artists, it also said APPLE!
Who financed this project? APPLE or, Disney?
The computer company has an instinct for great DBAs...
If The Beatles company had been named Boot, then the company would be Boot Computers.
Thank you for the assist.
KC

Where is the familiar Granny Smith(in bright green...not red) to balance out the Disney+ logo?
Grackleflint

Post by Grackleflint »

I notice on Amazon, this release is only listed as DVD. Does anyone know for sure if there will be a Bluray?
reechie

Post by reechie »

Grackleflint wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:06 pm[/url]80]
I notice on Amazon, this release is only listed as DVD. Does anyone know for sure if there will be a Bluray?
The Blu-Ray version is for sale on thebeatles.com online store, as well as other retailers, such as Walmart and Barnes & Noble, where I pre-ordered it. Apple and/or Disney have apparently chosen to not sell the Blu-Ray version with Amazon, at least at this time.
hxxps://usastore.thebeatles.com/product ... on?cp=null
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-th ... 6936893939
https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Beatles- ... /408030170
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

reechie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:47 pm
Grackleflint wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:06 pm[/url]80]
The Blu-Ray version is for sale on thebeatles.com online store, as well as other retailers, such as Walmart and Barnes & Noble, where I pre-ordered it. Apple and/or Disney have apparently chosen to not sell the Blu-Ray version with Amazon, at least at this time.
[url]hxxps://usastore.thebeatles.com/product/Y3AMBE705/the-beatles-get-back-3disc-bluray-collectors-edition?cp=null[/url]
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-th ... 6936893939
https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Beatles- ... /408030170

Amazon does in fact have the Blu-ray listed…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles-Ge ... 632-2357-0
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

That's ebay, not Amazon!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK