New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
jackb

Re: (MERGED TOPICS) New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by jackb »

On youtube Guy Mackenzie at The Guitar Collection has posted a nice video of his memory of the concert with pictures from that day. I'd actually like to capture that video so I can watch it easily whenever I want, but don't know how to download a video from youtube. Any help in that department would be appreciated.

Anyway look for the video on youtube, it a fun watch and not long at all.

Jack
Fast lucky

Re: (MERGED TOPICS) New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by Fast lucky »

Try "aTubeCatcher" ... very easy... you copy the link of the video and you choose which download version you want :)
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Apple have sat on the much better quality Bournmouth 63 concert tape for 25 years, and the Woolton Fete and people And Places tapes for even longer. They're not going to be in any hurry to release this, even assuming the guy sells it to them. There are plenty of types out there who want to own the Mona Lisa so to speak and not let anybody else have it. Some of them even want to take their prize to the grave with them. This guy sounds like one of those people, or he wouldn't have kept it secret and need to be cajoled into playing it. I mean, the guy won't even let us know what the SETLIST is.

Personally i don't think there will ever be a Live set. There isn't a market for it. But it would be nice if they put some of their earliest stuff up on Spotify like they did with the rooftop concert.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

Amen Lord! We ought to get laws passed making Beatles recordings National Treasures that must be accessible to everybody!! Imagine a package with the new find and the Bournemouth tape. I am sure they could sell many more than necessary to make a profit.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Everyone else except us doesn't seem to understand that Apple only buys these things to keep them out of circulation, not to release them. And despite what lots of people are saying about new technology being used to revitalise this tape, the quality is way too poor for that. There is simply nothing there to be revitalised - the drums are distorted, the guitars are distorted, and the bass and vocals non existent. There are no high frequencies and no low frequencies. There is no chance in hell that Apple would ever release one second of this, unless it was just a throway like the Washington concert. It saddens me to read people saying "Oh this will surely be on a Please Please Me SDE this year!" It's just Woolton Fete all over again - remember how excited we all were over that one!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
tdgrnwld

Re: New discovery - Beatles performing live in UK. At Stowe School April 4th '63

Post by tdgrnwld »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:56 pm
greyratfromBZ wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:30 pm What's with John's intro of "hello, hello - who's your lady friend"? He seemed to have an endless amount of strange, eccentric, and funny things to say and do on stage.
I think John got all that stuff from his role model Julia. By all accounts, she behaved constantly as if she were on the stage.

Also, if you read the Just William books you get another insight into John's character. I think he basically modelled himself on a mix of Julia and Just William, with a little bit of Mimi's haughty sterness thrown in for good measure.
LR, this is a great observation, thank you for all
macmoldis

Post by macmoldis »

jackb wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:40 am but don't know how to download a video from youtube. Any help in that department would be appreciated.
do in front of youtube-url a ss

Example: https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=bVPnvDSuXkQ&ab_channel=TheBeatlesRareTracks
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

jackb wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:40 am On youtube Guy Mackenzie at The Guitar Collection has posted a nice video of his memory of the concert with pictures from that day. I'd actually like to capture that video so I can watch it easily whenever I want, but don't know how to download a video from youtube. Any help in that department would be appreciated.

Anyway look for the video on youtube, it a fun watch and not long at all.

Jack
Try ClipGrab, free.
simond9X

Post by simond9X »

Interesting! Fingers crossed

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/ ... the-nation

The setlist....

Stowe concert set list: 4 April 1963
I Saw Her Standing There
Too Much Monkey Business
Love Me Do
Some Other Guy
Misery
I Just Don’t Understand
A Shot of Rhythm and Blues