Lewisohn's Evolver 62: 7-8 October in London

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
cooryder

Lewisohn's Evolver 62: 7-8 October in London

Post by cooryder »

Hey Londoners (or people in London),

Anyone else who's going to this tonight or tomorrow?

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/event-ticketing/app/?ev=21154

I'm there tonight.
Phil_Lip

Re: Lewisohn's Evolver 62: 7-8 October in London

Post by Phil_Lip »

Yes tomorrow, coming from Nottingham though despite the rail strike.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Yeah. I'm going too. Coming up from the South so driving to the end of the Northern Line and getting a tube into town. Really looking forward to it.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Also coming tomorrow! Super excited!
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

And me - Saturday night. Can't wait to learn more of what Lewisohn's been working on for us.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I'm happy for all of you ticket holders.
Too bad it's outside of my 5-mile radius.
But, I have a much better appreciation for Mr. Lewisohn nowadays! I met him at a Los Angeles Beatlefest when he was promoting his Recording Sessions book. He signed my book and answered my questions. I was just thrilled that he was such a perfect person for the job. I think he has contributed a considerable portion of new and genuine excitement into the Beatles Mystique that might have never occurred otherwise. He wasn't just a means to an end...he was every bit the Beatles fan that I was. He has no elitist preconceptions about himself. His work ethic is not compromised and I bet he's done most of the labor for pennies on the dollar. All of this is meant to be a sincere salute to him and all that he still plans to accomplish. Rah! Rah! Rah! I believe him to be my first-round draft pick to replace or succeed Prodigy Giles...for very real logical reasons. But, it's only hypothetical so far. And yet, he is devoted. On par with Giles' father, Mark Lewisohn exhibits a consistent amount of zeal about the group. This amazes me. I want him to realize all of his visions and this will only happen if he can be as happy as we are! If it becomes work...it won't be as good. Lewisohn is a champ and I want him to enjoy The Beatles the way we enjoy them...he deserves it. He has ALL of the skills that we don't have and he knows more about them than...uh, he knows a lot about them. Good luck, Mark. Please don't carry a medicine ball around...ENJOY them. It's a much better high and your work won't be...WORK!
I bet Mark thinks he can finish the job.
Please, understand that The Beatles story will never be finished. If Mark keeps that perspective, then his best is yet to be!
Have fun, everyone. And take a jacket in case there's a stiff breeze!
KC

Edit: When I met him...it's the only time I left a Beatles event EARLY. I couldn't wait to read the book.
I went back on Sunday, only to leave early, AGAIN!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Attendees please have your phones on record please for those of us outside the UK!
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

It was really good. Looked like it was being professionally filmed from the side.

Lindy Ness was in the audience
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Man, I woulda listened to Justin Bieber for a week for the chance to have been there.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Not just from the side, I spotted about four cameras trained on the stage. I do think he might be planning a release of some sort. If he's not, he's missing a trick. Who here wouldn't pay a fiver or so to access it as an internet stream?

Didn't want to carry his whopping book around with me all day so I bought a bootleg LP and asked him to sign that instead. Was great to meet him.