New Abbey Road Studios Documentary

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Eric_Manchester

New Abbey Road Studios Documentary

Post by Eric_Manchester »

A new documentary about Abbey Road Studios is premiering at the Telluride Film Festival on Sunday. It's called "If These Walls Could Sing," and was directed by Mary McCartney, who will be at the festival for the screenings. I hope it's a good and informative work. That studio has a very interesting history. Apparently it will play at other festivals for a while and then will be available on Disney+. No word yet of a physical release.

I can't be at Telluride, but I'll be watching for reviews after the screening.

From the Telluride program:
Mary McCartney’s joyful celebration of the Abbey Road Studios examines how the independent space has nurtured some of the most celebrated and influential recordings in classical, rock, Afrobeat, and film soundtrack history. McCartney intersperses vibrant footage—early symphonic recordings, a scene with a passionate Jacqueline du Pré, energetic shots of Fela Kuti—with interviews from a who’s who of alumni and their vivid memories of making music in Studios One, Two and Three. Memorably, we see George Martin moving the dials for four wide-eyed young men from Liverpool (including Mary’s father Paul), as he helped craft The Beatles sound that defined rock history, and Elton John before Elton John, as a session musician for The Hollies. McCartney weaves an intimate tribute to memory, to spaces that inspire creativity, and to the ongoing flow of music from beloved and emerging artists. –FA (U.K., 2022, 86m)
rons1010

Re: New Abbey Road Studios Documentary

Post by rons1010 »

Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Paul and Linda crossing Abbey Road.png
Paul and Linda crossing Abbey Road.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 929 times

Here you go

Link good for 1 week
hxxps://we.tl/t-kW6tb82ILg
maxwilbury

Post by maxwilbury »

Thanks Mrbeatleg, any chance for a reupload ? Cheers.
“Bigger than me?! That's not that hard to do, people back in my day were much shorter than they are today.”
~ Jesus on The Beatles
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

maxwilbury wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:05 pm Thanks Mrbeatleg, any chance for a reupload ? Cheers.
Here you go

hoops://we.tl/t-84bcM8q07E
maxwilbury

Post by maxwilbury »

Thanks very much for the second chance given. Cheers !
“Bigger than me?! That's not that hard to do, people back in my day were much shorter than they are today.”
~ Jesus on The Beatles