RIP Olivia Newton-John

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
jpgrcat007

RIP Olivia Newton-John

Post by jpgrcat007 »

http://burningtheground.net/

It's all over twitter.....age 73 from Cancer
Lord Reith

Re: RIP Olivia Newton-John

Post by Lord Reith »

WHAT?!

Just days after Judith Durham!

Nobody told me there'd be days like these. :(
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Bummer
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Hoping that I'm still as healthy as in her video-clip of her hit-FM "Physical"

her version of "What Is Life" (arranged to sound almost like the backing track of George Harrison's ATMP) was pretty cool.
She also recorded "It's Not For You" and "Behind That Locked Door" (almost an All Things Must Pass EP) not on the same album but the same year.
Nice voice.
I also like her cover of Véronique Sanson "Amoureuse"; her cover (on piano) of "The Long And Winding Road" was not bad.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I remember my parents had bought the "If You Love Me Let Me Know" album when it came out in '74. It was frequently on the turntable. But I don't recall hearing them play beyond the first track. They had (and I have it now) a Benjamin/Miracord turntable that stacked records. So they would load that baby up when they would entertain. Once a dud song came up, they'd press the button, next record.

I also recall digging her early stuff, including "Let Me Be There", and in the later 70's I'd recorded "A Little More Love" off of Kasem's AT40, and played the hell out of it.

The Grease stuff was fun, and I watched the movie over and over when it ran on the Z Channel. But I coulda done without the Travolta duets. Those, IMO, are overrated. However, hers was the voice that lifted those tracks and made them listenable.

Throughout her career, ONJ stuck to the music that tickled her soul. She was authentic. And as she went through her cancer journey, she kept on. She stayed strong. She continued to make music. She never gave up hope. I see Olivia Newton John as an prime example of Grace. She lived a long and full life, hopefully with very few regrets. Ever the entertainer.

RIP