A is for Apple Vol. 4 (pre-order)

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
wizz

Re: A is for Apple Vol. 4 (pre-order)

Post by wizz »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:16 am I've never been able to get any of John Winn's books.

Both:

Way Beyond Compare: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume One: 1957-1965

That Magic Feeling: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume Two, 1966-1970

are readily available on Amazon at very reasonable prices.
wizz

Post by wizz »

the57thbeatle wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:52 am As the publisher of Volume 4, I say thanks and enjoy!

You don't happen to have any stray copies of "Porkys Prime Cuts" laying around?
the57thbeatle

Post by the57thbeatle »

You don't happen to have any stray copies of "Porkys Prime Cuts" laying around?
Unfortunately, no...... :|
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

georgefromhenley wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:34 pm I ordered mine, too.

Reprints in most cases are impossible to finance. I would love to see another reprint of my Mach Schau book but it is impossible if you dont reprint several hundreds of it.
I have the Peckham book, too, as I provided some images.

I look forward Vol. 4

thorsten
Hi. Actually, not impossible any more - have you looked into Amazon KDP Print On Demand? If you prepare it as a digital file you can sell it as a physical book on Amazon, with no up-front costs at all. When someone orders it, they print it and ship it out - no stock is kept, no inventory and so no costs to you as author. It's very do-able and in fact I'm about to publish a book of my own that way. It has several advantages over traditional publishing.
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Mr Bump wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:55 am
georgefromhenley wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:34 pm I ordered mine, too.

Reprints in most cases are impossible to finance. I would love to see another reprint of my Mach Schau book but it is impossible if you dont reprint several hundreds of it.
I have the Peckham book, too, as I provided some images.

I look forward Vol. 4

thorsten
Hi. Actually, not impossible any more - have you looked into Amazon KDP Print On Demand? If you prepare it as a digital file you can sell it as a physical book on Amazon, with no up-front costs at all. When someone orders it, they print it and ship it out - no stock is kept, no inventory and so no costs to you as author. It's very do-able and in fact I'm about to publish a book of my own that way. It has several advantages over traditional publishing.
Be sure these things dont work with hardcover books and 500 pages.
I have a book out in Germany as "book on demand" and it costs 32 Euro as retail price for 300 pages and only a hand full of colour pages...
dgobin

Post by dgobin »

wizz wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:09 am
mojofilter wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:16 am I've never been able to get any of John Winn's books.

Both:

Way Beyond Compare: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume One: 1957-1965

That Magic Feeling: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume Two, 1966-1970

are readily available on Amazon at very reasonable prices.
Both of these are great books and a must-have for any Beatles audiophile!
dgobin

Post by dgobin »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:16 am How can the ordinary public hope to ever obtain a copy of this book, or any others in the series?

I've given up hope on ever being able to own Andrew Sandoval's updated book on The Monkees. It's been a year (or more?) and there has been no response to the box on his website asking to be notified if it is ever printed again. I couldn't get it in the five or six days it was available. I've never been able to get any of John Winn's books. Now it looks like I'll never see this one, either.
It is in print again (The paperback version, which, right now you can get for $75)