Stolen from Lord Reith

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
magoocus

Re: Stolen from Lord Reith

Post by magoocus »

Others have had work lifted also, from this forum, BZ, the old green demon etc etc, on and on and on. Check out Graphophone, Beatfile & other labels of that ilk. But what are you gonna do? Not share anything? I'm thinking about that.
JohnMiller

Post by JohnMiller »

at least they give a cool impression
batards :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

If they didn't take it from me that would just take it from someone else's version. So when all is said and done it's always going to go that way, especially when they are legal in Japan anyway.

If they were crap mixes and poor quality it would be worse. But at least it isn't damaging the Beatles reputation in any way, unlike, say, some patchy boot from the 70s might.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

One of mine was factory-manufactured, apparently. Honestly, I took it as a compliment. Didn't harm me at all - just a way of spreading the music.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

My chief objection is that it freezes in time my mixes. I am always updating them, so these cds are already way out of date.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

It's really unbelievable. :x
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

If your work isn't being shared for free on the internet, then your already nobody.
At least the culprits have discerning tastes. When Lord Reith gets a check from BMI or ASCAP then I'll really be impressed. Of course that might mean that the real economy is crime and that all bootlegs, counterfeits, and official product come from the same place. I would look for the bulk of physical product to become of gray area legality. It's just cash flow razzle dazzle, where the lines will only get blurrier and the profit and loss will be impossible to track. In the end, no one will know why Lord Reith was cut a check but it could mean that someone else didn't receive theirs.
As an amateur with no business education...my guess is that the music industry has never operated on honest capital!
The Beatles are the only true buoyancy left in the current model and I doubt that will last forever.
Which is why Forum Projects could become official
and members could become employees
even if they don't know they've been 'hired'.
Which is why I'm glad every time I see Lord Reith...still here!
KC
mudcrab

Post by mudcrab »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:19 pm If they didn't take it from me that would just take it from someone else's version. So when all is said and done it's always going to go that way, especially when they are legal in Japan anyway.

If they were crap mixes and poor quality it would be worse. But at least it isn't damaging the Beatles reputation in any way, unlike, say, some patchy boot from the 70s might.
Yes it always happens and always will, have experienced it with just about ever 'hobby' from Music to ummm, study of Satellite TV encryption methods, things always end up in the hands of someone wanting to make a quick buck, to me, that and the fact that generally most 'fan' things are made with love and for free, but putting them out for money, attracts the wrong kind of attention from the authorities.
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

That is SO f--ked up!
Tex

Post by Tex »

At least they would be good sounding boots. :lol: