Got Back Tour 2022

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Got Back Tour 2022

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Happy puppy here...just found out Macca is playing 90 minutes away from my house this summer.

https://news.yahoo.com/paul-mccartney-a ... 28301.html

With the tour title, suppose he'll record a cover of "Baby Got Back" to promote it?
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
BrianHodkin21

Re: Got Back Tour 2022

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

I can already picture all of the audience shot bootlegs that’ll come from this tour…
Seriously though, so glad he’s getting back into touring!
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Great news, thanks for sharing :)
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

how much are the ticket prices?
—Keith
MrP

Post by MrP »

can't speak to the stadiums but oakland at the arena is $250 upper level $350 back of bowl and $500 floor and side
powerPC wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm how much are the ticket prices?
micktanner

Post by micktanner »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:41 pm Happy puppy here...just found out Macca is playing 90 minutes away from my house this summer.

https://news.yahoo.com/paul-mccartney-a ... 28301.html

With the tour title, suppose he'll record a cover of "Baby Got Back" to promote it?
Playing about 20 minutes from my location...looking very much forward to seeing Richie and Paul in the not to distant future! :D
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

powerPC wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm how much are the ticket prices?
Closest to my place is Boston (5 hours drive)
Yves
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

That´s fantastic news! I´m so glad Paul´s back on stage! Very exciting.

With all the changes in his voice over the past few years, I´m very surprised. Can´t picture him doing his usual setlist anymore, unless he makes significant rearrangementsm which is not very much like him. Of course Paul´s voice has been subject of underestimation for as long as I can remember, and he has always proven everybody wrong, continuously keeping his glorious "Maybe I´m amazed" lines. On the other hand, he´s been leaving a few of his greatest songs out of his stage repertoire, and last time I saw him I was very surprised "Yesterday" was not part of the concert. Will he be able to get back to his pre-pandemic range? Maybe that will trigger him to being a bit more bold on the new numbers? Adding more new songs and all? We´ll have to wait and see. I´m so curious about it and in any case it´s so exciting Paul´s back on the stage!

We can only dream he´ll be coming to Brazil soon!
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

MrP wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:26 pm can't speak to the stadiums but oakland at the arena is $250 upper level $350 back of bowl and $500 floor and side
At the risk of pissing a few of you off, for which I will apologize in advance, this tour is a BIG mistake.

I know Sir Paul is a living legend and no one can deny his legacy, but he should stay home, play with the grand-kids, and autotune a few new songs when he is feeling bored. His voice is toast. He embassed himself years ago on the 40th SNL show and he was still doing it a few months ago at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Even, if he came out and did a completely different show, like a Frank Sinatra or recent Bob Dylan thing, I feel he would still have trouble pulling it off and charging prices like that for tickets, in my opinion, is almost criminal.

Now, if you are willing to pay those price just to see the MAN, I say "Go for it!" I think we are still a free country, and if you need to see him just to see him, then more power to you. But, I have been lucky to see him three time before... 1989, 2002, and 2005... and as we all know, his voice has progressively worsen since. Even, in interviews, he sounds like he's eaten rocks for breakfast (must be a new Vegan Fad). So, I will be missing him this go around because I prefer to remember him as he was.. entertaining, not some gravelly sounding old frog who more than likely will embarass himself even more in pursuit of money rather than his legacy.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

beatlbay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:34 pm
MrP wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:26 pm can't speak to the stadiums but oakland at the arena is $250 upper level $350 back of bowl and $500 floor and side
At the risk of pissing a few of you off, for which I will apologize in advance, this tour is a BIG mistake.

I know Sir Paul is a living legend and no one can deny his legacy, but he should stay home, play with the grand-kids, and autotune a few new songs when he is feeling bored. His voice is toast. He embassed himself years ago on the 40th SNL show and he was still doing it a few months ago at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Even, if he came out and did a completely different show, like a Frank Sinatra or recent Bob Dylan thing, I feel he would still have trouble pulling it off and charging prices like that for tickets, in my opinion, is almost criminal.

Now, if you are willing to pay those price just to see the MAN, I say "Go for it!" I think we are still a free country, and if you need to see him just to see him, then more power to you. But, I have been lucky to see him three time before... 1989, 2002, and 2005... and as we all know, his voice has progressively worsen since. Even, in interviews, he sounds like he's eaten rocks for breakfast (must be a new Vegan Fad). So, I will be missing him this go around because I prefer to remember him as he was.. entertaining, not some gravelly sounding old frog who more than likely will embarass himself even more in pursuit of money rather than his legacy.

I agree and actually his voice had improved particularly during interviews because of the two year break. This will wreck it for good.
Also I'm not sure an 80 year old man standing in front of 1000's of hollering fans in the middle of a pandemic is a good idea. The likely hood is, he won't get to the end of the tour anyway and will probably contract Covid. This is a bad move in my opinion!