Got Back Tour 2022

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
MrMurphMcgee

Re: Got Back Tour 2022

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Artists age. That doesn’t mean they should stay out of sight. If they enjoy it, and people want to see them, then god bless 'em IMO.
videoshack

Post by videoshack »

I would've named it the Getting Back Tour. Got Back sure does conjure up Sir Mix-A-Lot connotations.
MrP

Post by MrP »

The one thing about the tour that caught my eye was the fact he is going back to back shows in Seattle and everywhere else has at least 3-4 days off between shows and sometimes more.
snrub

Post by snrub »

Right, after the mid-week shows sell out, then he'll add more dates in those cities on the weekends. But if you really want to see him, it's a gamble to wait for that round of sell-outs and hope additional shows get added in your city.
MrP

Post by MrP »

I would be surprised if he adds any shows
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

beatlbay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:34 pmif he came out and did a completely different show, like a Frank Sinatra
I'm a fan of Ol' Blue Eyes. How would you envision a McCartney "Frank Sinatra" show?
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
Computer Gary

Post by Computer Gary »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:08 pmArtists age. That doesn’t mean they should stay out of sight. If they enjoy it, and people want to see them, then god bless 'em IMO.
Two words: Chuck Berry. :)
Grandfather: I must see Paulie!
Cop: Go home, then, and see him on the telly!
AlexFloyd

Post by AlexFloyd »

beatlbay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:34 pm
MrP wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:26 pm can't speak to the stadiums but oakland at the arena is $250 upper level $350 back of bowl and $500 floor and side
At the risk of pissing a few of you off, for which I will apologize in advance, this tour is a BIG mistake.

I know Sir Paul is a living legend and no one can deny his legacy, but he should stay home, play with the grand-kids, and autotune a few new songs when he is feeling bored. His voice is toast. He embassed himself years ago on the 40th SNL show and he was still doing it a few months ago at the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Even, if he came out and did a completely different show, like a Frank Sinatra or recent Bob Dylan thing, I feel he would still have trouble pulling it off and charging prices like that for tickets, in my opinion, is almost criminal.

Now, if you are willing to pay those price just to see the MAN, I say "Go for it!" I think we are still a free country, and if you need to see him just to see him, then more power to you. But, I have been lucky to see him three time before... 1989, 2002, and 2005... and as we all know, his voice has progressively worsen since. Even, in interviews, he sounds like he's eaten rocks for breakfast (must be a new Vegan Fad). So, I will be missing him this go around because I prefer to remember him as he was.. entertaining, not some gravelly sounding old frog who more than likely will embarass himself even more in pursuit of money rather than his legacy.
No words.......as Kurt Cobain said: "You Know You´re Right", but.....it´s all that we have....the MAN still alive and still making shows, i repeat, it´s all that we have.

Cheers.
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Computer Gary wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:29 am
MrMurphMcgee wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:08 pmArtists age. That doesn’t mean they should stay out of sight. If they enjoy it, and people want to see them, then god bless 'em IMO.
Two words: Chuck Berry. :)
If Paul came out and played Bass/Guitar/Piano for 2 hours that would be fine, but it's when he opens his mouth that the grinch factor sets in. Berry's voice did not strain to match his music... i.e. Berry never had to contend with "Maybe I'm Amazed" at 80.

But I degress... I hope I'm wrong for all your sakes.

Enjoy the shows.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Just saw on the ticket website that prices have suddenly risen (for my local concert) to $499 (for 3rd tier seats) to $799 (for the up-front). Platinum package $1750 each. This is a LOT more (more than double) what prices were first announced as for the venue. What gives? Anybody know?
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."