Yesterday film lawsuit

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
IfYouLookToYourLeft

Yesterday film lawsuit

Post by IfYouLookToYourLeft »

This caught my eye. Tangentially related to the Beatles. I doubt this will go anywhere but will be interesting to see. https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ana- ... 235160293/
Davenicks

Re: Yesterday film lawsuit

Post by Davenicks »

Has the lawyer been disbarred yet?
itslefty

Post by itslefty »

As a trailer editor who has used many shots and scenes that were cut from the final film, I find this lawsuit utterly ridiculous. But I'll have my own lawyers standing by just in case!
snrub

Post by snrub »

itslefty wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 am As a trailer editor who has used many shots and scenes that were cut from the final film, I find this lawsuit utterly ridiculous. But I'll have my own lawyers standing by just in case!
That's interesting, it certainly is common. Just curious, were you doing it because the trailer was assembled before the final cut (i.e. impossible to know whether the scenes would make it to the film) OR do you purposely use cut scenes for specific reasons (e.g. red herring, bonus, messing with people's heads etc.)
itslefty

Post by itslefty »

It’s because they want a trailer rushed out. I don’t remember any instance of being asked to put in a shot or scene that had been cut. Occasionally a different take where the angle is better is used. Trailers rushed to be released also accounts for why you don’t often hear the film’s score in the trailer because the score hasn’t been written yet.