R.I.P. Ronnie Spector

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Vee-Jay

R.I.P. Ronnie Spector

Post by Vee-Jay »

Sad news today...

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/ron ... 235152801/

Ronnie Spector, Girl Group Icon and Leader of the Ronettes, Dies at 78

Ronnie Spector, whose hard-edged yet tremulous voice soared on the Ronettes’ girl-group hits of the early ‘60s, died on Wednesday of cancer. She was 78.

“Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan,” reads a statement on Spector’s official website. “Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face. She was filled with love and gratitude. Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her.”

Née Veronica Bennett, she forged an enduring “bad girl” image with her older sister Estelle Bennett and cousin Nedra Talley – towering teased beehive hairdos, canopies of mascara and eyeliner and tight-fitting slit skirts – that rubbed against the aching romanticism of the Ronettes’ Philles Records hits of 1963-66.

Lon Chaney III

Re: R.I.P. Ronnie Spector

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Such a shame. She was such a great singer. RIP dear lady.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

😢
—Keith
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Wonderful Singer and sad to hear the news