Geoff Emerick tape

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Bazilnerk

Re: Geoff Emerick tape

Post by Bazilnerk »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm Besame Mucho was from a tape source from "a collector" Mark Lewisohn says "remarkably, one of the four songs recorded survives on a private reel discovered in the eighties"
Maybe it was just a ruse though to protect Geoff? He could just have dubbed it off onto a reel and sent it anonymously to EMI.
My thoughts exactly
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Bazilnerk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:16 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm Besame Mucho was from a tape source from "a collector" Mark Lewisohn says "remarkably, one of the four songs recorded survives on a private reel discovered in the eighties"
Maybe it was just a ruse though to protect Geoff? He could just have dubbed it off onto a reel and sent it anonymously to EMI.
My thoughts exactly
I remember when "Besame Mucho" surfaced, I was talking to this Danish guy who used to work in the music book section of my favourite book store in Oslo. He was a Beatles fan, so he always ordered new Beatles related books which is why I always stopped by whenever I was in Oslo. Obviously he was used to chat with fellow Beatles fans who came to the store, and he told me that there was this one guy, a fellow Norwegian Beatles collector, who had bragged about having that whole session tape, with all the songs on it.
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

There was a guy Stephon O. who released thru' Polydor an
EP of rare Tony Sheridan Tracks in Sweden

I wonder if he is the person?
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Wogew wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:24 pm I remember when "Besame Mucho" surfaced, I was talking to this Danish guy who used to work in the music book section of my favourite book store in Oslo. He was a Beatles fan, so he always ordered new Beatles related books which is why I always stopped by whenever I was in Oslo. Obviously he was used to chat with fellow Beatles fans who came to the store, and he told me that there was this one guy, a fellow Norwegian Beatles collector, who had bragged about having that whole session tape, with all the songs on it.
I don't believe he could have had it. Emerick would have guarded it with his life. It was his dirty little secret!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Very interesting.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

So...a Danish guy in the music section of an Oslo bookstore overheard a Norwegian collector brag about having the entire session tape? If nothing else, this tale confirms it's officially Scandinavia Week at the forum.

But Mssr. Poirot suggests there were (very) limited avenues for this reel to get to Oxbridge, let alone Oslo. Ms. Marple notes that similar escapees were virtually all linked to EMI personnel or their associates at the Beeb sometimes named Roger. Dr. Watson puffs his pipe and nods in agreement, while his old friend Holmes just sits atop a bookcase with a head full of ether, purring like a tabby.

Have the masterful deductions of esteemed armchair sleuth Lord Reith cracked the case? Or was the binkeeper at Abbey Road a guy named Sven, with a second-cousin Ole in Oslo? And just what is in those Ikea meatballs??
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

be nice something worked for the Please Please Me boxset when technology out do they did with 50th sets
Chris
Tex

Post by Tex »

Best was not his best.

If we ever hear it I wonder how many of the errors were Pete's. The tape may be quite embarrassing.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

rtbcIII wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:25 pm So...a Danish guy in the music section of an Oslo bookstore overheard a Norwegian collector brag about having the entire session tape? If nothing else, this tale confirms it's officially Scandinavia Week at the forum.
Oh crikey is that the new rumour? When fans can't find something precious and unique to brag about, they frequently exaggerate or fabricate in public because it produces exactly the same reaction. Most people will cry foul but a small number will believe it and the guy will feel like he actually has it... or at least the feeling of what it must be like to have it. :lol:

Nothing to see here... move on please...
dk2600

Post by dk2600 »

You'll find an update here https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-emeri ... ent-332164

So far +100 documents and +200 docket entries!

And a long way to go!!!

Any willing to spend 49$ to get access to the case?

04/07/2023 Hearing04/07/2023 at 8:30 AM in Probate Department 44 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012; OSC Re Petition for Final Distribution or Status Report

08/15/2022 Hearing08/15/2022 at 8:30 AM in Probate Department 44 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012; OSC Re Petition for Final Distribution or Status Report

07/27/2022 Hearing07/27/2022 at 9:30 AM in Probate Department 44 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012; Probate Code 850 Hearing

07/27/2022 Hearing07/27/2022 at 9:30 AM in Probate Department 44 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012; Probate Code 850 Hearing