Geoff Emerick tape

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Lord Reith

Re: Geoff Emerick tape

Post by Lord Reith »

All pretty silly given that if the family DO end up getting the right to release it, the release will be public domain in UK and Europe and will be instantly copied and sold (and probably undercut) by other labels. So they'll probably not make a cent out of the whole business.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Meanwhile, in the billing departments of several law firms...

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah, only lawyers make money out of this stuff!
Estragon

Post by Estragon »

paul62 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:55 pm It's interesting to hear that the notes for preparing Anthology 1 have come out.
The notes for prepping the Anthology would be a fascinating read! Where could I find those? Searched a bit, to no avail... Thanks!
dk2600

Post by dk2600 »

October 4th 2022 a new hearing of the stolen tape. https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-emeri ... ent-332164

Any law people in this group, that has access to the law database or any other of this kind?
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

The existence of this tape fascinates me and brings up many thoughts, who would have had the foresight to have 'rescued' it back in 1962? I would guess that it was liberated a bit later when someone realised it's potential importance/value. For me the bottom line is that I'm just so pleased to hear that it still exists and I'm sad that it's too late to shake Geoff's hand for his role in it's preservation.

Of course it's frustrating knowing that it exists but we can't currently hear it. Amongst the hardcore fans, the ones who are interested the consensus seems to be that if the Emerick's lose the case (something I personally don't doubt) we'll probably not get to hear it despite it's obvious historical value. I think that there's good reason behind the cynicism, the remaining Beatles/spouses seem very protective of Ringo's place in history, just look at the Anthology project...tearing out Pete best from the sleeve of the first part, not interviewing Pete at all for the project (Paul even asked Jimmie Nicol's son if his father would do an interview ffs).

Another thought of mine is that a man astute enough to recognize the tape's value would also have been astute enough to have secreted away a 'safety' copy somewhere. Of course course the Emerick's believe (as do I) that this recording would no longer exist if it wasn't for Geoff and that it would be poetic justice if they won the case. I think they're going to lose the legal case but I also think that we will eventually get to hear the recording even if the Emerick's do not benefit from it.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

What do you call a lawyer up to his neck in concrete?
(Not enough concrete!!!)
Nobody wins at 111 North Hill Street!
I promise!
KC