Ringer article on music plagiarism includes thoughts on John, Paul and George

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
snrub

Ringer article on music plagiarism includes thoughts on John, Paul and George

Post by snrub »

I found this copyright article fascinating - "cryptomnesia" (i.e. accidental plagiarism), hazy rules and blurred lines (pun intended), Wild West of lawsuits, 11 co-writers credited on "Uptown Funk", and of course a great summary of John & George's legal woes, ending with a McCartney 3-2-1 reference.

hxxps://theringer.com/music/2021/9/9/22663301/music-plagiarism-copyright-infringement-lorde-olivia-rodrigo-blurred-lines (change xx to tt)

It also linked to a Rolling Stone interview with George from 19th April, 1979 in which he squashes any hope I had of hearing the ATMP cassette demos :lol:

"But once you do write a tune, I don’t know why, but there is that desire to have it made into a proper record. If I were to die, I’d rather people find a good finished master of my songs than a crummy old demo on a cassette."
Lord Reith

Re: Ringer article on music plagiarism includes thoughts on John, Paul and George

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah sadly these days anybody who puts out a highly successful song is going to have people coming forth saying they wrote it. Just a part of the litigious nightmare we've created for ourselves.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rons1010

Re: Ringer article on music plagiarism includes thoughts on John, Paul and George

Post by rons1010 »

Music Copyright Infringement Resource

More info on:
https://blogs.law.gwu.edu/mcir/case/bri ... ngs-music/
snrub

Post by snrub »

Last week he claimed he started the Everly Brothers, Frank Sinatra, and Lawrence Welk, he's always lying!