Ststones Recording With Paul McCartney — and Ringo?

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
paul

Ststones Recording With Paul McCartney — and Ringo?

Post by paul »

Mr Bump

Re: Ststones Recording With Paul McCartney — and Ringo?

Post by Mr Bump »

Interesting, but to keep it in perspective it sounds like Paul and Ringo would only be contributing as session men. Much as I love the Beatles, whether Ringo drums on a new Rolling Stones track, or some other drummer, doesn't create much magic. But nice to see. If Paul was to take prominent vocals alongside Mick, that would be special.
paul

Post by paul »

Yes, it is curious to wait and see if more comes out or leaks somewhere.
itslefty

Post by itslefty »

And of course you can already hear John and Paul doing background vocals on the Stones' 'We Love You' and 'Sing This Song Altogether' from 'Their Satanic Majesty's Request' LP from 1967. Their also on 'Dandelion.' All four of the Beatles images are not-so-hidden on the album's cover.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I remember Ringo playing drums on an early version of "Shine A Light (On You)" (Leon Russell). Even with Jagger on vocals this sounded very POB-like.
itslefty

Post by itslefty »

I only discovered recently that Leon Russell had a house around the corner from mine up until 1972. He had a recording studio there named after the street he lived on called 'Skyhill Studios' where such luminaries as Ringo, Jagger, Clapton and many others came to record. They would've driven up my street. I didn't live there at the time but my wife did. She doesn't recall seeing anyone famous go by.