RIP Louise Harrison

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
AlexFloyd

RIP Louise Harrison

Post by AlexFloyd »

Hi guys:
I do not know if this news is true, Wikipedia has not yet been updated nor have I seen that it has already spread on social networks. Anyway, I share this article from "Liverpool World".

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/read-this ... 91-4008317
Mr Bump

Re: RIP Louise Harrison

Post by Mr Bump »

I believe it is true. There's a post about it on the Daily Beatle. Sad.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Rest in Peace. If it wasn't for her, The Beatles wouldn't have been nearly as successful in the US as they were.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
skynet

Post by skynet »

wtf :( sad news
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I didn't realise she was still alive. It must have been weird for her, going to live in the US and leaving her baby brother behind, and then years later he is suddenly on The Ed Sullivan Show!!! Can you imagine what a totally insane thing that must have been for her to comprehend?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:13 am I didn't realise she was still alive. It must have been weird for her, going to live in the US and leaving her baby brother behind, and then years later he is suddenly on The Ed Sullivan Show!!! Can you imagine what a totally insane thing that must have been for her to comprehend?
many years ago there was a video tape put out called A Beatle In Benton..it was old black & while footage of George coming to visit Louise in Benton Illinois in 1963..so he actually visited the US prior to the four of them coming a year later to the US to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show..when the 4 of them appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show she came to New York to see them and finally get to meet her brothers bandmates in person..

here is a pic of George along with his older brother Peter in benton visiting Louise back in 1963..

George Visiting Louise In Benton With Brother Peter.jpg
George Visiting Louise In Benton With Brother Peter.jpg (67.75 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

George was interviewed on local American radio during that trip, and it was filmed using his own camera. I don't know if it had sound, but that sure would be one damned interesting interview!
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:57 am George was interviewed on local American radio during that trip, and it was filmed using his own camera. I don't know if it had sound, but that sure would be one damned interesting interview!

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/music/b ... rs-2659800
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:57 am George was interviewed on local American radio during that trip, and it was filmed using his own camera. I don't know if it had sound, but that sure would be one damned interesting interview!
Have to figure out which Radio Station, & hopefully it was recorded & archived by the station

for Benton, Illinois
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jpgrcat007 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:19 pm
Have to figure out which Radio Station, & hopefully it was recorded & archived by the station

for Benton, Illinois
He was interviewed live on Saturday Session by Marcia Schafer, WFRX 21st September. It ran for 15 minutes.