Geoff Emerick tape

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Bazilnerk

Re: Geoff Emerick tape

Post by Bazilnerk »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm Besame Mucho was from a tape source from "a collector" Mark Lewisohn says "remarkably, one of the four songs recorded survives on a private reel discovered in the eighties"
Maybe it was just a ruse though to protect Geoff? He could just have dubbed it off onto a reel and sent it anonymously to EMI.
My thoughts exactly
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

Bazilnerk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:16 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm Besame Mucho was from a tape source from "a collector" Mark Lewisohn says "remarkably, one of the four songs recorded survives on a private reel discovered in the eighties"
Maybe it was just a ruse though to protect Geoff? He could just have dubbed it off onto a reel and sent it anonymously to EMI.
My thoughts exactly
I remember when "Besame Mucho" surfaced, I was talking to this Danish guy who used to work in the music book section of my favourite book store in Oslo. He was a Beatles fan, so he always ordered new Beatles related books which is why I always stopped by whenever I was in Oslo. Obviously he was used to chat with fellow Beatles fans who came to the store, and he told me that there was this one guy, a fellow Norwegian Beatles collector, who had bragged about having that whole session tape, with all the songs on it.
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

There was a guy Stephon O. who released thru' Polydor an
EP of rare Tony Sheridan Tracks in Sweden

I wonder if he is the person?
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Wogew wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:24 pm I remember when "Besame Mucho" surfaced, I was talking to this Danish guy who used to work in the music book section of my favourite book store in Oslo. He was a Beatles fan, so he always ordered new Beatles related books which is why I always stopped by whenever I was in Oslo. Obviously he was used to chat with fellow Beatles fans who came to the store, and he told me that there was this one guy, a fellow Norwegian Beatles collector, who had bragged about having that whole session tape, with all the songs on it.
I don't believe he could have had it. Emerick would have guarded it with his life. It was his dirty little secret!
List of my stuff: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1962

"They shall mount up with wings, as eagles."